Favourite Beauty Products

Anna & Lisa!

Thanks for taking the time to post all that info for me. I will check into the products. It is soo frustrating when you find something you like and they discontinue it!!! :-( A BIG thanks!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

OPI is my fav polish! I LOVE Grand Central Carnation & Not-So Bora-Bora-ing Pink. They discontinued my favorite color:St. Louis Sorbet! Why do they do that when it is our favorite??? I keep hoping to find a store that has one left over. No luck!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Can anyone suggest something for very straight fine hair to give it some body. Mousse or something. I am just starting to grow my hair and bangs out to chin length and I'm sick of it already. I'm used to having lots of volume on top but the weight of the hair makes it flat like a pancake 2 hours after washing it.

I'll try just about anything at this point!

Thanks!
Hélène

Lately I've been into Paula Begoun's website and products: cosmeticscop.com. She is the lady that writes all those books called "Don't go to the cosmetics counter without me". I find that it has a lot of useful information. She makes good products at a reasonable price. I especially like her 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid for my rosacea cheeks.

Hi Helene!

I have very fine hair too! I use Artec Texture Spray-on Mousse when my hair is wet. Then after I blow dry it, I use a little Artec Material. It is like a sticky paste, but it holds your hair where you put it. I just shape it with my fingers, then spray it with Shaper.

Donna M

1. Happy by Clinique
2. Artec Kiwi shampoo and conditioner
3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisterizing Lotion
4. Clarins body exfoliator
5. Bath and Body anything
6. Bath and Body hand cream
7. OPI
8. Clinique lipstick-it goes on so silky

I also use Clinique super balanced makeup and Advanced Stop Signs.

Has anyone ever tried EMU oil?

Donna M

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-02 AT 11:18PM (Est)[/font][p]1. Lancome's Aroma Fit (Body Spray)
2. Biolage Shampoo
3. Mario Badescu's Buttermilk Moisturizer
4. Estee Lauder Crystal Glow Sugar Scrub
5. Mario Badescu Walnut Body Lotion
6. Mario Badescu's Special Vitamin E Hand Cream
7. All Mac products for nails
8. Lancome Mischevious lipstick

There are a couple other beauty products that I can't live without: Cellex C Advanced Serum, Hydra 5 B (Hyaluronic Acid) and Lancome's Renergie Lift Contour.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-02 AT 07:43AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Debbie,

This particular American Beauty wholesale web site is selling some discontinued OPI nail polish colours,

www.ballbeauty.com

It might be worth checking them out !
They always keep on the most popular selling colours, but discontinue the others.

Anna

What is EMU oil ? Is it a range of tea tree oil products ? In the UK we use Australian Body care tea tree oil range.

Thanks

Anna

Hmm, gotta think about this...

*Laura Mercier Translucent Powder - this is one of my holy grails! I have it in both loose powder and pressed powder - absolutely love it!

*Chanel Nude Lipliner - The best!

*Chanel Glossimers

*Bath & Body Works Lavendar/Vanilla Body Lotion - smells wonderful!

*Principal Secret AHA Serum (I swear by this, I've been using it for years now!)

Now that I'm nearly 43, I'm really starting to get into anti-aging products and have been recently using the Green Cream by Linda Sy (retinol product). Still up in the air about it, though I do love their Vita-Oil product that I got a sample of (I use it underneath my eyes).

I've been thinking of trying the Skinceuticals line? Any recommendations anyone?

Terri

Hi Terri,

I too love the Chanel Glossimers, which are your favourite colours ? I love Spark and I adore Mademoiselle Coco !

Anna

Hi Helene,

You could try Aveda's Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner, it is good for finer hair textures, and gives body without making the hair lank.

Anna

Emu Oil is from the Emu bird and is supposed to be good for healing skin (inflamations), age spots, wrinkles, and skin problems like excema. They also sell it in capsule form to ingest for colitis problems and it contains omega-3.

We have an Emu farm in the next town and my dh knows someone who works there. They gave us a 1 oz. bottle to try. My dh had a spot on his hand that wouldn't heal. Within a week it was gone.

If you search on the web, you will find a lot of Emu sites. It comes in all kinds of forms like cream, oil, capsules, etc. I don't know if they have Emus in the UK....Actually, I have never seen one in person, but I think they look something like the Roadrunner! :)

helene, jhave you ever tried amplify by matrix?that is a really good product...they have a root lift that works really good.the hairspray is really light also so it does not weigh your hair down.

Are the Glossimers frosted? I am over 40 and my lips do not look good with frost. What is a good color for a brunette with medium skin?

Hi Sunsetbeach,

I don't think any of the glossimers are frosted, but they all have a glint of a sparkle (which is gorgeous, and actually anti-ageing through its light reflecting properties). It may be worth finding your nearest chanel counter and asking one of the ladies to try some on you, so that you get a good idea. Spark is quite a neutral light red (if that makes any sense), its a not in-your-face-red but a natural colour, and Coco Mademoiselle is a beautiful coral-pink (more evening colour). They have a wonderful gloss, and coverage, and surprisingly, last extremely well for a gloss !

Anna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.