Favorite Whitening toothpaste?

Jody

Cathlete
For the longest time I have been trying out different toothpast brands, rinses, etc. in my quest for whiter teeth. So far, I haven't found anything that has been my "magic" product. My teeth are pretty white to begin with, so maybe that is as white as they are going to get. Or maybe I need to give it more time than the time it takes to finish a tube. I figure if I haven't seen results by then, I'm not going to!

So, does anyone have a favorite toothpaste, rinse, or other whitening product that they really love? So far, I'm leaning towards Rembrandt, but it's so expensive for one tiny little tube. I'm trying to stay away from the Crest strip-type products, as my gums really seem to hate that stuff, but I'm still open for any suggestions!

My favorite toothpaste is smart smile. I had white teeth to begin with but after using this my teeth were much brighter without the sensitivity you can get with whitening pastes. I get it from hsn.com. It is not cheep but it works.

Hi Jody, I work for a dental office. The Listerine Whitening Rinse works good and the Dr. that I work for reccomends Crest Whitening toothpaste. Thing is with regards to toothpaste they all are sorta the same so I wouldn't bother wasting your money. I think some just advertise better. If you really want a white smile you would have to get them professionally done, . .which I think is a total waste of money because in order to keep them that way you would have to eat a white only diet, . . which let's face it is not really possible. The minute you drink a glass of wine or a cup of coffee they are back to what they were. I would talk to your dentist and see how much a take home bleaching kit would cost you (Dr makes a mold of your teeth and creates a set of trays where you put gel in them and sleep with them at night). I should warn you though, . .if you have sensitivity from the over the counter stuff the Dr. stuff is stronger and much worse. Ask your Dr. what shade your teeth are A-1 is the whitest. You'd be surprised. I always consider my teeth yellow since I drink tea and coffee everyday but the Dr. says that they are A-1 shade.

I use the listerine whitening rinse and really like it. I don't think it does as good of a job as strips (never have tried those), but it works for what I want.

The Listerine is just watered down hydrogen peroxide... you can just take regular hydrogen peroxide and water it down and rinse with that, but if you are sensitive to the strips you may be sensitive to this too. baking soda may also work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.