favorite step

D

debra123

For you that have most of Cathe's step workouts what is your favorite

for fun intensity, calorie burn? I don't have low max but have been thinking about it for months

Thanks

Deb:)

My favorite step workout is Step Blast. It took me awhile to get the moves, but when I did it felt great! Its fun and challenging- which I like. I have low max and I like it, it is a really good no weight workout for your legs- I was sore the next day. And I know this isn't what you asked, but my favorite Cathe aerobic workout is KPC. Okay- hope that helps, Deanie:)

Another vote here for Step Blast. Love, Love, Love this workout!!! The fun factor is just super high and the blast challenges are great! :7

Another vote for SB. This one is about nearly perfect as far as step w/o. Great music, choreography, and intensity. I love how she has the 3 blasts at the end to mix it up. Very fun and intense indeed. The only thing I wished for this one is a longer w/o but then sometimes I do the 90 minutes step mix on the DVD with SJP. Oh yeah there's an edit oops in the cooldown that always gets to me.

Cecilia

This question is too hard:) . My favorites off the top of my head are Low Max, IMAX 3, IMAX 2, Step Blast, and Power Max.

Get Low Max, it is fun and many of those with heart rate moniters that track calories burned say that it is quite the calorie burner when done on an 8" step.

Maggie:)

I've gotta place votes for RS and Low Max. Both are fun and I think have lasting power (won't get bored or tired doing). I like the choreography better in RS than SB (but when I want a little more intensity - step w/ intervals - I do SB). Low Max is great for the legs.

Diana

Another vote for LowMax and the IMAXes. I personally find LowMax more intense than StepBlast--am I the only one? I held off getting LowMax for quite a while, and I am so happy I finally bit the bullet and got it!

Dukechick

Another step blast for all around fun-factor and good intensity too. I can't wait till the spring/ DVD's Cathe's putting out come out, because she said she's working on another Step Blast type video. I cannot wait!!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar08/slider-scale/lb/0/81/26/.png[/img][/url]

For real fun with a little challenge at the end...I love Step Blast. I do it more frequently then any of the others. For intervals...I love Imax 2 or Hardcore Extreme # 2 Hi/Lo Intervals (which has a mix of Low Max, Kickmax and Imax 3).

Robin:)

Hey Deb: I am a big fan of StepBlast also but for me it is tied with StepWorks regarding fun and intensity. SW is interesting, challenging and for me it still feels fresh although I've done it countless times. The CardioHits DVD is awesome as you can mix and match some PowerMax, StepWorks and StepFit combos and find countless new ways to challenge yourself.

Take Care
Laurie:)

I wanna love step blast too! Why can't I do this I can do all Cathe's others I just can't figure out the choreogphy. I never made it through the whole tape. Maybe I should keep trying I just get so frustrated and stop and then I feel what a waste of my time that I didn't finmish. Any ideas? I see almost everyone loves this the best! Thanks!:)
deborah

I just ordered LOW MAX WOO--HOOO. I have step blast too, but needed less impact high intensity. The music sounds good too. I am hoping to add it in quite often with Cathe's kickboxing, weights.

Thanks for all the reviews.

Deb:)

Step Blast has just never been a fave of mine. I think I was so traumatized the first time I tried it, that it has been a bit sour for me ever since. I think my all time favorite (but I haven't tried them all) for fun, is Step Max. I just like the choreo and the way the workout is put together. I have probably done SM more often for these reasons than any other video. I really like RS too though, and I have heard great things about Power Max, but have never done that one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.