Favorite sneakers

LizC7

Cathlete
Hi Cathe
I love the sneakers everyone wears in your videos. I'm searching for a new pair and am debating between Nike and Asics. What are best for your workouts? I'm not a runner but love your step, cardio, HIIT, strength (and all other) workouts. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Liz

It would be great if there was a "favorite/recommended workout shoes" sticky or something like that on the forums...this question comes up a lot and it can be painstaking to search through all the posts looking for the ones for shoe recommendations. I'll be in the market soon for a pair of new kicks so this has been on my mind. :)

Cathe usually wears Ryka shoes in her DVDs. Ryka makes women's athletic shoes almost exclusively so they're generally good shoes, but remember that everyone's feet have different needs and that what works for one person might not work for you. Try to go to an athletic shoe specialty store and see if you can get fitted. Just make sure that you get cross trainers, not just running shoes! They seem to be harder and harder to find these days, but a good cross trainer provides lateral support and a nice wide toe box to help with all of that side-to-side and turning that Cathe does. Running shoes mostly just provide front and back support since they only expect your feet to be moving forward.

I read up on popular cross trainers online, then went and tried on a few in the stores. I've worn Rykas for years, but I currently have Asics Gel Intensity which work great for my high arches and have a lot of good cushioning to help with really high impact. Again, your mileage may vary.

I second Asics

Cathe usually wears Ryka shoes in her DVDs. Ryka makes women's athletic shoes almost exclusively so they're generally good shoes, but remember that everyone's feet have different needs and that what works for one person might not work for you. Try to go to an athletic shoe specialty store and see if you can get fitted. Just make sure that you get cross trainers, not just running shoes! They seem to be harder and harder to find these days, but a good cross trainer provides lateral support and a nice wide toe box to help with all of that side-to-side and turning that Cathe does. Running shoes mostly just provide front and back support since they only expect your feet to be moving forward.

I read up on popular cross trainers online, then went and tried on a few in the stores. I've worn Rykas for years, but I currently have Asics Gel Intensity which work great for my high arches and have a lot of good cushioning to help with really high impact. Again, your mileage may vary.
My latest aerobic shoes are Asics which I got for $42.00 at DSW (had one of their coupons).

My favorites are the Asics Gel Upshots in Black. I just ordered a 2nd pair because I'm afraid they'll discontinue them. Lots of support & lots of cushioning.

For anyone interested, I just bought a Reebok groupon today $50 value for $25. Online shoes and apparel purchases qualify.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.