Favorite Series and Workouts?

sunbird

I'm new to Cathe and absolutely adore her and her fitness approach! I'm starting out with her beginner step DVDs and will be purchasing more workouts. I'd love to hear which series and/or workouts you use the most or ones you'd consider your favorites.

Welcome to the world of Cathe sunbird! I don't have a favorite per say, as I enjoy the variety Cathe provides ... you may end up purchasing almost all Cathe's productions after a number of years. We've been working out with her since the early 1990's on VHS - (still have some of those battered & taped together VHS step videos...lol)

But after the beginner step workouts, I'd suggest moving on to one of the Intermediate series- ICE or LITE. They are both versatile, fun, and have options to grow with you as your fitness improves with the Bonus add-ons and/or by increasing the weights used in the various workouts. You have soooo much to look forward to!

Welcome to the world of Cathe sunbird! I don't have a favorite per say, as I enjoy the variety Cathe provides ... you may end up purchasing almost all Cathe's productions after a number of years. We've been working out with her since the early 1990's on VHS - (still have some of those battered & taped together VHS step videos...lol)

But after the beginner step workouts, I'd suggest moving on to one of the Intermediate series- ICE or LITE. They are both versatile, fun, and have options to grow with you as your fitness improves with the Bonus add-ons and/or by increasing the weights used in the various workouts. You have soooo much to look forward to!
Hi Debinmi! Your reply is so helpful! Thank you!!

I too do STS 1-2 times per year and, if I had to choose one overall fav, would have to pick that series for the results it gives. Serious stuff. But a close second is XTrain - so fun, so varied and so effective. It is truly the complete package, time efficient, and no dread factor for me. I think XTrain won the online vote-off Cathe had for favourite series.

But I completely agree with Debinmi's suggestion to gradually progress through LITE and ICE after the beginner step workouts. And I also completely agree that the tremendous variety Cathe provides is awesome. I love being able to use various workouts at various times depending on my goals and preferences. I think it is nice to have a couple of metabolic workouts, weight programs (endurance based and strength based), hiit workouts, and steady state workouts (step, kickboxing and/or spin bike) in one's library for a well-rounded fitness routine.

I'm new to Cathe and absolutely adore her and her fitness approach! I'm starting out with her beginner step DVDs and will be purchasing more workouts. I'd love to hear which series and/or workouts you use the most or ones you'd consider your favorites.
I am also a newcomer in the Cathlete Universe and received my first 11 Cathe DVDs last week:
From the LiTe Series: Rev'd Up Rumble, Metabolic Blast, Body Weight and Bands, PHA 2.
From the Low Impact Series: Yoga Relax, Yoga Max and Total Body Trisets.
From the Hardcore Series: Kick Max, Stretch Max and Core Max.
And STS Ab Circuits.

But I think it depends on your personal preferences, constitution and fitness goals.
For the last 3,5 years now I do my 30 Minutes Workout every day. On the so called rest days I do at least Yoga or Stretching workouts.
I practise kind of split exercises, which means I train different parts of the body every day, (Lower, Upper, Abs and Core, Kickboxing, Cardio, Yoga) in order to prevent myself from overtraining.
Also the equipment is important. I love heavy weights, Kettlebells, Barbell, Weighted Gloves, Resistant Bands.
Cathe also uses devices that are new for me: Slide Discs, Medicine Balls and Stability Balls, what I really appreciate. In fact that is one reason I ordered her DVDs although I did not know her before.

I prefer the low impact versions because I have always trouble with my knees from that aggressive jumping. And not to forget, I am 52 years old.

The last years I did DVD workouts from Fitness Instructor Kelly Coffey Meyer, she always shows an alternate low impact version for beginners.
But I think I will love Cathe as well...
Sorry for my bad English (Greetings from Germany)

Last edited:
Germania68,

Greetings & welcome! Let us know what you think about your new workouts. .... hope you enjoy them!
Thank you Debinmi! I am still flashed about all the services Cathe Friedrich offers, from Video on Demand over Forums to Workout manager and Guides. That's amazing!

But I have to admit that I feel like a traitor to have another "personal trainer" now after 3 years with Kelly Coffey-Meyer. May sound silly but I am a very loyal person to people who helped me changing my life from a depressiv inactive into a vital and healthy human beeing. I owe her a lot and a little bit it's my merit too.

Last edited:
I'm also new. So, looking for suggestions, too! Thank you so much
Lana, Welcome!

For suggestions, It's helpful to know what your current fitness level is, your preferences for cardio (low/high impact), choregraphed step, athletic step or no step, weight workouts, etc.

Cathe has workouts for pretty much all preferences.

Thank you Debinmi! I am still flashed about all the services Cathe Friedrich offers, from Video on Demand over Forums to Workout manager and Guides. That's amazing!

But I have to admit that I feel like a traitor to have another "personal trainer" now after 3 years with Kelly Coffey-Meyer. May sound silly but I am a very loyal person to people who helped me changing my life from a depressiv inactive into a vital and healthy human beeing. I owe her a lot and a little bit it's my merit too.
Germania68, you'll find many Cathletes enjoy Kelly's (KCM) workouts too. As in many aspects of life, we crave/need variety to keep our interests up, our motivation up, & to assist in our progress/development. So there's room for both KCM & Cathe! (And others!).

Germania68, you'll find many Cathletes enjoy Kelly's (KCM) workouts too. As in many aspects of life, we crave/need variety to keep our interests up, our motivation up, & to assist in our progress/development. So there's room for both KCM & Cathe! (And others!).
Hi Debinmi! Thank you for your kind respond and that you take my worries serious. I have always a bad conscience when changing personal trainers. 3 years ago I changed from Jillian Michaels to Kelly Coffey-Meyer and felt nearly the same way. But all the excessive jumps in Jillians Workouts damaged my knees and joints so badly, that I had to look out for another workout routine. That's when I started out with Kelly and I am glad I did so. And I never went back to Jillians DVDs except of Yoga.

Germania68, congrats on your sobriety. That's awesome!

Sunbird, unlike most everyone here, I don't own many of Cathe's series, other than Strong & Sweaty (which I love), Intensity Series, which I did so much back in the day, I grew tired of. Ha! And, Fit Split (not sure if that would be considered a series or not). I have a few vids from a lot of her series. I also think you would like ICE, LITE, and Low Impact Series. I wish I would have never overlooked the Low Impact Series. There are some good ones there. I just have to add that I love her PHA'S, Supercuts and Flex Train, Bodyweight & Bands and Perfect Pump. Great workouts! Most of the time, I tend to like circuit style workouts. I really want Afterburn. That's the next one I am getting next.

Have fun ordering!

My favorite by far is the STS series. My favorite DVDs - Butts & Guts, Turbo Barre, Strong & Sweaty Abs, Pyramid Upper and Lower Body, Kick Punch and Crunch, Perfect 30..................I love them all!!!

I am also a newcomer in the Cathlete Universe and received my first 11 Cathe DVDs last week:
From the LiTe Series: Rev'd Up Rumble, Metabolic Blast, Body Weight and Bands, PHA 2.
From the Low Impact Series: Yoga Relax, Yoga Max and Total Body Trisets.
From the Hardcore Series: Kick Max, Stretch Max and Core Max.
And STS Ab Circuits.

But I think it depends on your personal preferences, constitution and fitness goals.
For the last 3,5 years now I do my 30 Minutes Workout every day. On the so called rest days I do at least Yoga or Stretching workouts.
I practise kind of split exercises, which means I train different parts of the body every day, (Lower, Upper, Abs and Core, Kickboxing, Cardio, Yoga) in order to prevent myself from overtraining.
Also the equipment is important. I love heavy weights, Kettlebells, Barbell, Weighted Gloves, Resistant Bands.
Cathe also uses devices that are new for me: Slide Discs, Medicine Balls and Stability Balls, what I really appreciate. In fact that is one reason I ordered her DVDs although I did not know her before.

I prefer the low impact versions because I have always trouble with my knees from that aggressive jumping. And not to forget, I am 52 years old.

The last years I did DVD workouts from Fitness Instructor Kelly Coffey Meyer, she always shows an alternate low impact version for beginners.
But I think I will love Cathe as well...
Sorry for my bad English (Greetings from Germany)
Your English is very good! I also love the Hardcore and Intensity series.

Hey & welcome sunbird & all newbies!!! :)
My faves are 1. ICE Series, 2. Slow & Heavy and 3. Low Impact series.
I think you can make them really as challenging as you need to.
Because it was mentioned several times here, I tried Triceps & Biceps from the Slow and Heavy Series today. Well, I am pretty excited! Cathe explains in detail the training steps and their effects. She is very bright and laughs a lot. In addition, the rock music is totally awesome. Thanks to everyone who recommended this workout!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.