Favorite Pre Workout Snack?

I usually have a pre-workout smoothie: easy to digest, and provides me with electrolytes, fluids and other nutrients.
My typical one is coconut water, goji berries, chia seeds or chia gel and frozen banana.
Before races (5ks) I usually add a scoop of Vega performance optimizer (to aid in post-workout recovery).

Neat! I have never heard of Vega performance optimizer. Will check it out!

I either do the apple and peanut butter thing (YUMM).. or.. my very favourite (it may be a bit weird).. An orange bell pepper, a teaspoon of peanut butter, a tablespoon of low fat greek yoghurt :) Yummm :)

Afterwards, it's a protein shake for me!

I can eat peanut butter with pretty much anything. :)

Loved Seeing What Everybody Does...

I usually eat hour before wo (I have a home office) always have a clean meal -favs are: egg whites + 1 ezekiel bread or oatmeal, protein powder, 1/2 apple.

Agree with several of the comments @ crashing later in the day if I don't eat before.

Staying true to the 5-6 small meals all day REALLY works - never hungry, energy consistent, mind clearer and workouts much stronger.

I did this article recently on my website @ breakfast options - so many leaders in corporate America have low energy - and a big part of it is how they eat....Has healthy grab & go breakfast recipes, weekend recipes etc... sharing here in case anyone's looking for more ideas - hope no one minds my adding it here: Healthy Breakfast Ideas - 5 part article

All the Best,
Suzie

I usually eat hour before wo (I have a home office) always have a clean meal -favs are: egg whites + 1 ezekiel bread or oatmeal, protein powder, 1/2 apple.

Agree with several of the comments @ crashing later in the day if I don't eat before.

Staying true to the 5-6 small meals all day REALLY works - never hungry, energy consistent, mind clearer and workouts much stronger.

I did this article recently on my website @ breakfast options - so many leaders in corporate America have low energy - and a big part of it is how they eat....Has healthy grab & go breakfast recipes, weekend recipes etc... sharing here in case anyone's looking for more ideas - hope no one minds my adding it here: Healthy Breakfast Ideas - 5 part article

All the Best,
Suzie

That's great! Thank you for sharing! :)
This omelet in a bag idea is awesome!! I would love to try that next time I am fixing breakfast for a group.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.