Favorite Instructors Besides Cathe?

I just got Piyo two weeks ago. I'm really enjoying it for a change of pace. It's a blend of Pilates with power yoga. Uses body weight strength moves, works balance and control, and develops core. So far I LOVE it!

Oh yes, I forgot to ask which Amy Bento workouts are good for those of you who mentioned liking her. I have one kb workout of hers (Kickbox Surge and core Training), which I really like. She has a darling, funny personality and I like her moves in this workout. I'd be interested in finding out about others (not just KB). Thanks.

Exercise-lover - for the Amy Bento workouts, do you like step? hi-lo? weights? All of the above? I love Amy too - great energy, and I think for step she really has some fun choreo. If you like step, and consider yourself good at choreo, go for Advanced Step Challenge 2 - great moves, and once you get to know it, some fun premixes w/her "power-ups". Also 2 circuit premixes so you get some weights in there as a bonus. I also like her Hi-Lo Extreme - and I am not in general a huge fan of Hi-Lo. I thought it was easy to learn, fun, and like the intervals mixed in. There is no equipment for that one, so that and Cathe's HIIT Pyramid (probably my most-used workout of all time) are my go-to cardio for travel. Just some thoughts.

-Stephanie

The only other one I like and use is Susan Chung's Rapid Fire workouts. I have #3 & 4 but looking to get the first 2 maybe this winter if they go on sale.
I REALLY like Susan and her workout, too! Very good teacher with very good form. And, good onscreen presence.

What was it about t25 that you liked if you didn't like insanity? Cause I have insanity as well I wanted to like it but the music if it was maybe more peppy might have helped? I don't know ?! But the dread factor was high for me to! But then I saw the new insanity 30 it looks funner but not sure y. Then I here t 25 is funner but y? I'm curious to find out y so I can find out if I might like those better ..

Renee,

T25 is different than Insanity in that it is shorter, there is a modifier which helps when you are at the end of your energy, especially in the adaptation faze. Shaun T is not screaming at you, he is very encouraging. The moves are not as hard on the joints either. I'm almost 60 so I am trying to preserve the knees. I till jump, just not quite as high as I used to! I just find these make me sweat a lot and just when I feel like I can't go on, it's over. Just fun for me.

I have 1 Kelly Coffey (lift) that I only did once , Michelle d peak 10 stuff that I used for a month . THey are both good instructors and the workouts are very good but I just don't reach for them. My go to are Chalene Johnson, Kat Kom (studio sweat and other instructors and of course Cathe all the time. I just did a old Turbo Jam Cardio Party (its intermediate but I added 2lb gloves and had a good sweaty workout) last night. I'll pull out Kelly and Michele this week just to see if I can find the love ;)

Last edited:
Besides Cathe, I also love all the instructor everyone mention too. I am just on a Suzanne Bowen Kick right now, lol! Today I did PK ASAB Fitness Sculpt for the first time, really enjoyed it. After reading this thread I need to pull out all my other dvd's like KCM (still in shrink wrap), I bought Less Mill Combat a few weeks ago, only did one workout. Charlene TJ is collecting dust. Love, love TF! I bought a bunch of Amy Bento new dvd's when College closed, still in shrink wrap! Which reminds me I have Michel's Breathless something? Never done that one! I like P90X3, done a rotation twice, loved it! I have 2 Susan Chung dvd's, not sure why I don't reach for them more often? I have lots of Tracey Mallet workouts, really like them all. Very challenging. I also love Chris Freytag's 10 Pounds Down series and I have all her Prevention DVD's. They still in shrink-wrap! I also love Stephanie Victorino from Exercise TV. And of course, all of the Exercise TV workouts. Love them all. I never got into Tracy Anderson. She seems like she is in her own world! I know a lot of people like her. I also like Terri Walsh and Sara Ivanhoe for yoga. And Ellen Barrnett(?) pilates workout. I am sure, I have missed more. LOL! I need to stop buying more workout dvd's and use what I already have. LOL!

Yay!! Excellent suggestions here. I'm really liking youtube's Millionaire Hoy workouts. Not sure if they would be advanced enough for some hard core peeps here however.
;)

Yay!! Excellent suggestions here. I'm really liking youtube's Millionaire Hoy workouts. Not sure if they would be advanced enough for some hard core peeps here however.
;)

He is very advanced in my book :) His workouts reminds me of Shaun:) Glad you like them.

I done a few Petra Kolber workouts. Bootcamp Boggie and 1 2 3 Dance. Really like them. Both workouts gave me a lot of steps (I have a FitBit) :)

Thanks. Gonna give those a try, I think!
How is a FitBit different than an ordinary step counter? I've been wondering that?

Thanks. Gonna give those a try, I think!
How is a FitBit different than an ordinary step counter? I've been wondering that?

I forgot to mention, her workouts are more dance like workouts. Which is fine with me. I don't have an ordinary step counter, but love my FitBit:)

Kelly Coffey Meyer has secured a strong place as my second favorite instructor. Many of her workouts have become go-to workouts for me. She is particularly good with compound moves and strength/toning

Lisa
I second this opinion :) Kelly Coffey Meyer is the master of creating interesting, non traditional upper body moves which shock the muscles.
I often prefer her workouts when I work my upper body because I can't motivate myself to 50+ minute workouts training the upper body in splits. Her cardio is straightforward and not dance-y which I also like. My favorite KCM cardio is TLC :)

I also enjoy Susan Chung, Ilaria Montagnani, Amy Dixon and Paul Katami for all of whom I learned from Jenngolf's weblog 2 Lazy 4 Gym ! Jen - if you are reading this :Thank you :)

I enjoy Amy Bento's hi lo and kickboxing workouts. Chalene Johnson and Jessica Smith are fun and motivating.

All in all, I use my other favorite instructors as add-ons for Cathe.
Other instructors seem to excel in certain types of training but Cathe purely can do it all!

Last edited:
It was probably this thread that got me into Toby Massenburg, Paul Katami and Amy Dixon. Love them all! Toby is NO JOKE! Same with Amy's Breathless Body, although #4 was not as tough and Paul Katami's Burn and build. Holy S@#$!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.