Favorite Healthy/Clean Cookbook

pippa

Cathlete
I am always looking for a good, healthy cookbook. I've gotten some in the past that have had one or two recipes that I use but the rest was either terrible or just plain unappetizing. I'd love to get people's opinions before I make another purchase. So, what healthy cookbook do you just love and use all the time?

I'm a big fan of Cooking Light (annual issues) and Eating Well (also, annual issues). Yummy recipes, generally easy recipes and easy-to-find ingredients, and spans the ganut from appetizers to desserts, vegetarian and not. Although I found I did not like a couple of the CL "special" issues - (Super Fast Suppers, for example). Stick with the annual issues.

I know this isn't a cookbook, but I just got the July/August issue of Muscle & Fitness Hers and it has some great recipes in it (which was what pushed me over the edge to buy it!).

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I like the Southbeach diet cookbook, also Cooking the readAge way-same authors of the You books (You on a diet). Eat,Shrink & be merry-Janet & Greta Podleski. I also like George Stella living low carb for the soy recipes.

:) :) :) :)

I second the Cooking Light Magazine.
I also like the Better Homes Smart Diet cookbook.

Elaine

I have a "Cooking Light" cookbook from prob 15 yrs ago or so, I still use it. It has EVERYTHING in it. Drinks, breakfast, meat, vegetarian, dessert, cookies. Most of it sounds good, everything I've made has turned out well and tastes good too. Its a white book with red lettering for the title. It uses a lot of name brand ingredients - so if you use those you should be right on target with the nutritional values, but its also easy enough to substitute. Like I said, my copy is maybe 15 yrs old, I don't know if its still in print or not. There may be an updated edition out there, too.

Nan

Tosca Renos book The Clean Eating Diet has wonderful recepies. Everything I have made has been really good.
LD

>Tosca Renos book The Clean Eating Diet has wonderful
>recepies. Everything I have made has been really good.
>LD

This was one I have been wondering about..thanks for the input!:)

I second the opinion about Tosca Reno's book. Most of the recipes are delicious. She has a cookbook coming out later -- not sure when -- but I'll probably get it. I don't have many "healthy" cookbooks. I have too many cookbooks to count and I read them like most people read fiction, and I modify the recipes to make them clean.

RE: the Cooking Light books. There is a new one every year - I have about six or seven of them from over the last 15 years. Love them!

I agree with the PP's about the Eat Clean recipes. She also has a clean eating cookbook coming out soon! :D

Annette Bethel

Ann Gittleman's Fat Flush Cookbook and Eat Fat Lose Weight Cookbook. Also the website has neat receipes.

I bought Vegan Planet for my SO this Christmas based on recommendations here. I have to say it's been amazing! Every single thing he's made from that book has been a new favorite.

They're all reasonable with ingredients and very simple recipes. The soups are certainly my hands-down favorite.

Sara

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.