Favorite Cathe Step Routine

Hey all!! New to Cathe here but loving her workouts!! These boards seem like a great place to come for support!! :) So I'm just curious what everyones favorite step video is and why. I know they're all great, but just interested to see if you HAD to choose a favorite, which one would it be!? :) So far I have done PowerMax and StepFit from the Cardio hits DVD and it was a real toss-up!! I guess I preferred PowerMax. (if I HAD to say) I just previewed Rythmic Step and it looks like it'll be super fun too!!! :) Can't wait to try it!! I had been doing the FIRM but discovered Cathe through a message board and now I'm working her in!!! (of course) :) I felt pretty proud of myself when I did Interval Max yesterday! I gotta say, I did alot better than I expected to so it made my weekend!! ;) Have fun everybody!! And let me know which Step vid I should buy next!!!
Dana

I LOVE the Step Jump and Pump and the Step Blast workouts.

LOVE the music! These have been a challenge to learn the steps, but completely worth it! I look forward to these cardios.:)

The music really kicks it up a couple of notches.

Jackie,

I agree with you on Step Jump and Pump. I love that workout - it flies by.

I also love IMAX 2. I do that or one of the premixes from it once a week. The music is great on this workout too.

JoJo

Oh, such a hard decision!

In order...
Step Works
Rhythmic Step
Step Blast

I have them all and like them all! Great choreography and a real fun factor!

Very difficult choice......
but would have to say CTX Step and Intervals. When my foot was hurt just recently (not too bad just a little bruised and had to stay off of it a couple of days) my husband thought it was so funny that I turned on Step & Intervals wanting so badly to do it and really couldn't. He was like Cathe would say "Listen to your body, you need to rest another day" This made me realize how much he truly knows me, anyone else would think I was crazy just staring at the T.V. screen like that so longingly wanting to join in. More fave Cathe routine is in Step Blast, Imax 2 and Step Fit (love those flying angels:) ) Although now that I think about it I do also love CTX All Step as well. Okay this is a hard choice:) :)....I'll probably come up with more. Do we have to pick only one favorite? :D

I love Power Max, CTX All-Step, and Rhythmic Step. Also all Cathe's other step routines, old and new. I do them all!

This is a tough question. I really like the step section in Body Max. It's only 25 minutes, but for some reason I do this one often. I think I like it because it's tough cardio and it moves quickly. I also enjoy IMAX2 and Step Blast.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of Cathe's step workouts. You'll probably buy all of them eventually, but right now I'd go with the latest ones such as Step Blast, Rhythmic Step, and Cardio & Weights (the dvd has a step only option). If you like to combine step and weights, then go with Step, Jump & Pump or Body Max.

I have all of Cathe's step tapes and do pieces of all of them. Start to finish I love:

StepWorks
StepBlast
IMAX II
Rhythmic Step

She is amazing in all of her workouts but I think it is in step that she really shines. Oh yeah!! I did PowerMax this morning and loved it too.

Take Care
Laurie:)

Lately I have been doing the step portion from BodyMax at least one a week, sometimes two. I love this routine, the time flies and the moves are fun.

Step Blast is my current favorite. It only took me a couple of attempts to get the moves (more or less) and it's just so much fun. The last segment is the best. You put all three routines that you learned together into one long, non-stop routine and do it three times. In between each of the three run-throughs is an interval (like in IMAX 2). I just love it.

IMAX 2 is my other favorite. Ten tough intervals done to good music. It doesn't get much better than that.

For pure step, "Step Blast" is my favorite. I got frustrated trying to learn it, but when I did it became my favorite.

Welcome Dana! In no particular order:

IMAX II (actually, this isn't a traditional step workout, but it's my alltime favorite workout using a step)
Rhythmic Step
Cross Train Express Step 'n Intervals
Step section of Maximum Intensity Cardio
Step Blast (even though I'm still learning the challenge)

They're all great and you really can't go wrong. And congratulations for working on IMAX -- the IMAX twins are TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH (but they do such nice things for you! :))

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif

I'd have to say the step routines from Step, Jump & Pump as well, followed closely by Step Blast and Rhythmic Step!!

So glad you've found us!! I found this board originally on the FitPrime message board, before it became a paid forum. I "grew up" using the original Firms, and I still use a few of my favorites occasionally, but I mostly use Cathe!!

Carol
:)

Step Blast rocks. Fun choreography & just the right length. I like Rhythmic Step too--it's not quite as intense but the footwork is fun. Powermax will always remain one of my favorites--it's the first Cathe video I ever bought & will always hold a special place in my heart.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.