fat personal trainer

I live in fear of my bootcampers doing the same evaluation of me that you've done with this PT!! I would absolutely do the same thing that you have done, so this is not criticism of you at all!!!

I do not have the lowest body fat % out there, and training is my part time job (along with another part time job and law school) so I can't make being the best looking athlete out there my #1 priority in life.

That said, I have lost 45 pounds and kept it off for 4 years, among many other fitness feats. I'm not saying I'm the best, but I'm also not saying I'm the worst!! I don't think I will ever be able to achieve the lowest body fat % around in part due to my 18+ years of insulin dependent diabetes.

I guess what I'm saying is, LIFE gets in the way of our personal fitness goals sometimes!! It seems like this guy was self conscious of his own body-- and *that* is what I would stay away from in a personal trainer!!!

I also think that if he talked about why he is out of shape now in the first hour you spent with him that he's perhaps not the best guy... you don't see a PT to hear his defenses over his own physique. It all around sounds a little off.

I try to communicate to my bootcampers (who range in age from 25-68) that I understand their own struggles and I try to share with them how great it can feel to triumph over them while remaining human. It's the best I can do!

Hi....No, he did not mention himself and his fitness level, except that he had once lost alot of weight, at all during the time I spent with him. Also, this was not a group class, it was one on one and I paid him $100!! I don't think any of us expect perfection and I'd rather have a pt that has fought the fight. I just don't think he was the best choice for a teenager seeking motivation!:)
Lisa

I tried to make the distinctions between my class and your one on one... and also let you know I hear where you're coming from!!! I don't feel comfortable training one on one in part for this same reason! I don't want to necessarily inspire anyone to be a flash in the pan, either- I want them to see that results can take time, AND they are worth it!!!!:)

ETA: what did the newspaper article say about him???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.