Fat around the waste.

acarolinagurl

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I hope you're healing process is going well. I can't imagine how you're feeling. I do hope you recover completely and can get back to doing what you love! :)
First, let me start by saying that since I found you 2 yrs ago, with eating right and doing your excersise programs I have lost 23 lbs. I'm 44 yrs old, and have 3 beautiful children, my youngest being 16. She loves you as much as I do. Here's a littel info about myself, I have osteoarthitis, and narrowing of the cervical spine, I'm in constant pain, but continue on. I found that the more active I stay the better I feel. I also have ulcerative colitis, I'm also anemic, so I'm tired a lot. I know there are people out there worse off than me. I feel I'm so blessed to be able to move! I just wanted to Thank you for helping me stay active and I just love your DVD's, I have quite a few of them, and I just purchased Pure Strength, and absolutely love it! Now to get to my question...I can't seem to get rid the fat around my waist and back, I have heard you stress that clean eating is key. I try and could probably improve in that area, do you think if I cleaned up my eating along with the cardio and strength training that that could possibly help with my mid section? That's my question. If anyone else on the board could help with this I would appreciate it, as I know Cathe can't answer every post.
Thanks so much for the fun you've put into excersise! I love what you're doing! :)

Hi I just wanted to let you know that you are awesome because you can keep on going with the workouts and the issues that you have and the positive attitude. Good for you!

I think you are doing great with losing 23 pounds over 2 years. It does take a long time to get results and I believe that it is much better for you in the long run. I have been reading "Eat to Live" by Joel Fuhrman MD for clean eating. There are many other books as well. Hopefully, other members on the board will reply. You may find that one food plan will work better for your body than others.

I also believe that cardio, strength and cross training is the best way. I have done too much of step or something else in the past and went into overuse injuries so now I try to switch my workouts so that I don't receive as many injuries. It is necessary, IMO, to have a rest day in between working the body parts and I rotate among step, hilo, kickbox, cycling, strength, yoga and pilates workouts as much as possible. I have been steadily seeing results but it does take a long time. I also believe that plateaus are essential to one's progress because once we get all of our excess weight off, we will want to maintain which is a lifelong plateau!

Good luck and keep up the good work. You may want to look at some older threads and check out body types and the workout programs that yield results for your particular body type.

Thanks so much! It is hard, but I feel just doing it gives me great rewards with how my body feels afterwards.

I'm going to check out the book "Eat to Live." It sounds like it would be worth reading, what could it hurt.

I do need to incorporate some yoga and pilates in my routine. I'm gonna try to put something together this evening and see what I can come up with. Thanks for changing my view on the "life long plateau." That's a positive way of looking at it, now I don't feel so bad about the "plateau", but I will continue to try and work this middle off. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.