Fab 40 check-in

Murphy

Cathlete
;)

Hello All,

I did not see another post so here goes.
I jogged w/ the Wii Sunday and today I did PowerStrike. Power Strike was interesting. I used to be able to kick high now I can barely lift my leg. My, how times have changed. On the plus side, my 5 year old told me my butt looked smaller - if you remember, she is the one who told me my legs were getting smaller but stomach was still big. No word on the stomach!

Murphy

Hi everyone! Just finished mowing the lawn, again. I really think it will be for the last time this year?! Anyway, this morning did the Gauntlet, it moves quick, but seems to take forever to finish! Yesterday we went for a hike, loving the indian summer! Murphy, I love Ilaria! Her voice is captivating! Good thing about your butt! Hi to Lisa, Ronne, Leisa and all that follow, the kids are home and the floor is screaming my name! Mary

Hey all! pardon the quick post....been grumpy today and work isn't helping....it's like the left hand still after all the years I was gone still doesn't know what the right hand is doing and they both speak different languages (literally and figuratively). Well enough complaining.....

Sat I RESTED! Sun, spinning for 35 min, today all I did was abs weight and plates. Meso 3 should start tomorrow for me so this little rest was most welcome. I'll be splitting up chest/back into 2 days again....68 min is just toooooooo long for me these days.

Hope everyone elses day is going better than mine :)

Murphy, cool about your butt! Take those compliments where you can.

Mary, DH just mowed ours and that should be the last time here. Tht's so cool about the hike, I love spring/fall hikes.

later chicas, oh and hello to everyone else! Hopefully tomorow will be a better day, I feel so blah I'm not even bothering to correct my spelling errors that is being flagged as I type....whatever....aren'y you glad you all aren't around me today?!?!?!

Hi All,

That bum knee is acting up again. Actually it is the other leg and right below the knee but same difference. I did the upper body circuit from LIC. I never did it before, it was good for a quickie. I have my 5k Friday, I hope my legs hold-out. I think that will be it for me for running - the legs have spoken.

Murph

Hi all

Thanks for getting us started Murph. Sorry about your knees ;). Once you've done this 5k you better give them a good rest.

Lisa - hey grumpy pants! What's with the long face?!:p Hope today is turning out better.

Mary - how lovely, managing to fit in a hike. It's miserable, wet and cold here :confused:

Well, I managed to get a workout in on Sunday, I did a premix from Amy Bento's Kickbox Xtreme, yesterday I did B&G Timesaver. I haven't done B&G for ages. Surprised not to get any DOMS today as I really felt it. Tonight it's kettlebells, we're into the last four sessions and this is when it gets really tough!
I'm messing about on iTunes at the moment, just tuned into a Hawaiian radio station - what a hoot!

Bye for now

hey yall....today I was going to do STS M3 Chest but can't isolate body parts out of meso 3 like I could meso 2, so instead I did spinning for 30 min since I wasn't planning on an hr+ workout. Turns out I had time to do more so I started work way earlier than I wanted (slow time starting out today). So I guess my plan for meso 3 is to do an UB and plyo on the weekends and then during the week whichever morning I get up early I'll do the other UB workout. I'm actually sleeping through the night (I'm whispering that so I don't jinx myself). Guess the hormones are back to a level where they are letting me sleep....gotta love the hormone roller coaster....not!

Murphy, I hope your knee holds out, be careful! I'm enjoying the low impact on the bike but my butt is starting to not like it :)

have a good day everyone!

I don't feel the greatest today so, I was planning on IMAX3, but might just walk or simply rest instead! I am not sick, but just experiencing that extreme fatigue I seem to get when I start my period. I've been pushing through it since I've been on this renewed workout venture, but I might just lay low after work today:) I'll keep all of you posted. Murph, I'll keep you in my thoughts for your upcoming 5K...better you than me (LOL). Let us know how it goes.

Leisa

Ronne, I guess I'm a little less grumpy today. I decided though that work and PMS do not mix well together :) I want some new ovaries that produce decent hormones :)

Hi girls! Haven't worked out yet, life is getting in the way, but I will get there! Lisa, I am done with having periods! i don't want them anymore and I don't need them anymore, I will be glad when they are done forever! Murphy, be careful with that knee! I will be thinking of you on Friday! Ronne, I recently got an Amy video, can't remeber the knee, I was confused in the warm-up! I felt like such a ding-dong b/c I just couldn't follow her! She is so cute and I love her music, I was lost in my own living room! Leisa, you like Imax3? I only have Hardcore extreme, it always scares me, I put that video at the bottom of the pile, to be avoided at all costs! Well, I need to get to my w/o, hope everyone has a good night. Mary

Hello everyone

Well, it's a quiet day round here today so I'm making the most of it! Got my workout done and dusted for the day - just a short one as kettlebells was tough last night. I did a KCM Body Training premix, just 30 mins. I love short workouts :D.

Lisa - I'm not going to mention the s word as I don't want to jinx you, but keep enjoying it!

Leisa - sensible girl, resting!! Hope you're feeling back to normal quickly.

Mary - which Amy DVD were you struggling with? The thing I like about her is I don't get bored with her workouts quickly as they take a while to learn. Always keeps me interested.

Well, I'm going to catch up on some recordings I've got while it's quiet. Woohoo! See you tomorrow,

Hi ladies! Ah, the sleep is WONDERFUL....the hot flashes and night sweats have kicked in and I woke up in the middle of the night with a wet pillow and nightgown, but I rolled back over and went back to sleep :) I can't believe I'm officially getting these hot flashes/night sweats....it's making me feel so OLD!

So, I did PLYO legs today and didn't pause even once! It may not have been pretty but I did it!

I don't think I've told you all but I'm stopping the gig with the nutiritonist after the first of the year....it's just all tooo much to keep up with.

Ronne, WTG on the bells, I haven't done them in ages, my place needs some dusting and the cleaning lady (yes I got one after starting this full time job again) is delayed for a week because her father is having surgery. Oh well.

Leisa, What did you decide to do? Listen to your body but be real with yourself, I was sooooo ready to not workout today (was running late) but I knew I could do it and felt so much better after.

Mary, Life DOES get in the way, doesn't it?!?

Murphy, how's the knee?

Later girls! Here's to many more sleep-sweat filled nights :)

Lisa, how bizarre that you would post about your night sweats! Last night I think I got my 1st one!! I got up to the bathroom, (tiny bladder) got back to bed, getting comfortable, then bam, I'm sweating like someone poured water on me! Freaked me out! My poor DH, he was so sweet! It gave me a little panic, didn't know what to think, then it was done, was finally able to go back to sleep. See, I told you I'm done withthis hormone stuff! Ronne, I did body training yesterday too! Amy just goes so fast for me, I have to keetrying! Murphy, how are you doing? It is almost Friday! Hi to you Leisa! Gotta go! Mary

Hello!

Just a quick visit today. Been out of the office so lots to catch up on.

Lisa - ugh, that sounds horrible. I can't wait!:p At least you're managing to get back to sleep though.:p
Cleaning lady? Wow! Do you clean before she comes?! :confused:

Mary - I hope these sweats aren't catching - I think I'l wipe my keyboard down!:D

Tonight, it's kettlebells again. Only two more sessions after that. I'll be quite glad not to have to go out in the dark!! What a wimp!

see you all tomorrow.

Ladies, ladies, I am only 41 but I've been having night sweats for a LONG time. I figured out the pattern...I sweat the worse the night before my period is going to start. For two or three days leading up to it, the sweats are mild. It's almost like sweating is a barometer for when "aunt Flo" is arriving for her visit. LOL

As far as working out, I didn't...not on the day it started. I waiting until Wednesday...Veteran's day and a holiday for me. I slept until noon that day and finally got up and worked out around 4pm doing Imax 3 (not a great choice, because we are also clumsier around our period, did you know that?) So, it went okay, but I messed up ALOT!! Like you said, Lisa, "it might not have been pretty (and in this case it wasn't) but I finished).

Today, I am going to do some kind of circuit workout like Cardio Fusion.

You gals rock!!!

Hi everyone! Well, I'm a little blue today (and I'm sure the hormones aren't helping). Maddy is being EXTREMELY picky on her eating.....she won't eat anything except meat (the worst thing for her!)......I have almost a gazillion different kinds of dog food opened to try to get her to eat meanwhile ruining the RX food with it....so, got desperate and went to McDonalds got a hamburger and crumbled in her dry RX dog food....well, she picked out all of the hamburger.....gave up and went to bed hoping this morning would be better.....nope....got desperate to mix something with the leftover hamburger from McD and made some rice....ah, well, that worked but isn't enough to sustain her, so I fried up a little gr beef, put with rice, NO GO....what the heck is different about McD? So, dinner plans are changing....just for the dog....I have no dog friendly people food, so I'm going to get a rotissiere chicken and put in rice for her....this rice thing won't last long I know and I'm not sure where to go from here.....I think I'll run to McD to get a burger for lunch. Sorry to ramble on so....you know the problems we've been through with her kidney issues....it's been just over six months since diagnosis and she just turned 12 yrs 9 mths.....I know the end is getting closer but she still looks pretty darn good, if I could just get her to keep eating...once she stops it's a fast downward spiral. I'm blubbering here as I type this :(

Anyway, I did get Tri/Bi/Shoulder of MEso 3 done.....even CAthe's chipper self couldn't cheer me up.

Thanks for listening!

Leisa, that is EXACTLY how/when my night sweats happen!

Ronne, I'm the classic home body :)

Mary, my first big hot flash during the day (i seem to get them more at night) was about a yr ago when I was asking the salesboy for a size 7 sneaker, then all of a sudden I was sweating and I couldn't figure out why I was so HOT! Then after leaving the store I was soaked and asked my DH if it was hot in that store....of course it wasn't, it was me.

Keep your fingers crossed for Maui and I......I think I'm prepared to help her on her journey it's just I don't think it's time yet but then at the same time I'm tired of the fight.....and I just feel like I'm letting her down. :(

Lisa, so sorry to hear about Madison. You are so good to her, she knows that you are helping her. Yesterday I did PLB, today was PUB. My arms are shaking! Murphy, GOOD LUCK tomorrow, I will be thinking of you! Ronne, are you going to do kettlebells again? I am just too lazy to leave my house! Leisa, slept til noon? I haven't done that in years! How did it feel? then Imax3? Amazing! I like 2, 3 is just too much for me! Well, only a slight hot flash last night. I just finished my time of the month, I'm backwards!! Have a good night everyone! Mary

Hello all

Lisa - don't beat yourself up about Maddy. You are doing your very best, above and beyond. Enjoy yourself with her as much as you can.

Mary - PLB then PUB the next day? Well done!

Leisa/Lisa - I'm the same. I get really hot at night same time every month. Apparently, it's normal, your body temp goes up around that time.

Well today I was going to do one of my 4 new DVDs that arrived yesterday (whoopee!!) but it was another tough kettlebell workout last night and my body needs to recover. I'll see if I can fit one in tomorrow.

I can't believe it's the weekend again. Where is the time going? Well, I hope everyone has a good one whatever they're up to. See you on Monday!

Hey everyone....a bit better of a day here....thanks for all the support! Poor Maddy didn't want her McD burger at lunch, and when I went outside at dinner time she was laying in her dog house like she didn't feel good, but thankfully she ate the rotissere chicken and rice and that got her going on her eating, then at night had some of her dry RX dog food with McD hamburger crumbled on top and the same this morning. It seems that once she gets "tired" of a food there is no going back to it and at this rate I worry I'll run out of foods! But I'm trying to wait to cross that bridge when we come to it. My wonderful DH has offered to syringe feed her when she has one of these epsiodes to keep her eating (I couldn't force food on her like that, even if it is for her own good--heck I have a hard enough time getting pills in her and DH uses a pill popper to just jam them down her throat---Me, I use my finger to jam them down and hold her mouth shut and look into her brown eyes and tell her I love her----maybe that helps me more than her :) ). Most people with healthy dogs don't have to worry about them not eating for a day, but with kidney failure dogs, that is the beginning of a downward spiral and it's important to get them to eat SOMETHING to keep the acid from building up.

So, today I did 4DS the kickbox and abs only, nice little workout.

We have snow coming tonight so plan on hopefully getting some food in the house before it gets here and snuggle down....sounds like bliss to me! :)

Quick update.....Maddy's eating! Went and got her a different brand of RX food and she's gobbling it up now! Guess she's lost the taste of the current RX food (vet says very common with kidney dogs).....bad thing, the vet doesn't carry any other RX brands, so when/if she starts rejecting this new one, he wil have to special order other RX food.

The current RX food (that has a guarantee --- Hills) takes their food back....I had a huge bag ($80) that is only 1/2 gone, should I go get a credit? I feel bad returning it because it was my dog that decided to stop eating it. What do you all think?

Lisa, return the dog food! Even if you get half back, that is $40 for the next bag of food! Didn't get a w/o in, the weather was so beautiful, raked the leaves all up, also caught a cold somewhere, up most of the night blowing my nose! Ronne, spill the beans, what w/o's did you get? Tell us! Murphy, how did it go today? How is your knee? I thought about you, fill us in. Hi to you Leisa. What happened to Andrea and Kathryn? Did they dump us? Or did life get in the way? Have a good weekend all! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.