Ever been that sore?

ATC1986

Cathlete
My calves are on fire and hurt after an insanity workout! This DOMS has gone on for 2 days now. Any supplements or remedies for DOMS this bad?

You have my sympathies!

I got this 2 years ago, having done one step workout after months of just running for cardio. The pain was so bad, I literally could barely walk at all. Time is the only healer I swear by, also hot baths and maybe a foam roller?

Clare

If you have a foam roller, massage it out. Or have your DH or partner massage it. Arnica gel will also help.

Taking a walk and then gently stretching when you get back will help get blood into the muscles and loosen them up.

Good job on your hard work!!!

Definitiely ibuprofen. Not only will it help with the pain, it will help with any inflammation.

I think DOMS that goes on for 2 days is bordering on injury instead of just DOMS. Hope your pain goes away soon!

Definitiely ibuprofen. Not only will it help with the pain, it will help with any inflammation.

I think DOMS that goes on for 2 days is bordering on injury instead of just DOMS. Hope your pain goes away soon!

I agree. Even taking a small dose of motrin or aleve right after a tough weight workout can help prevent inflamation. I sometimes do this when I do a lower body workout (I have bad knees).

you might want to check your shoes
when my calves get a little bit to them I know its time for new running shoes

Christie

If I have DOMS that bad after trying something new, I swear that kickboxing really helps. Warms up and stretches out the muscles, especially the legs.

you might want to check your shoes
when my calves get a little bit to them I know its time for new running shoes

Christie

Regarding running shoes, I never let my shoes get worn enough to cause injury or soreness. I replace them every 500-600 miles without fail. I wear the same type of shoe always, so I stock up on them when they go on sale. I wear Mizuno Wave Riders. The latest release is the "17". I am wearing the "16" and am finding them for half price all over the internet. I have 3 new pairs waiting in the wings. That will get me through this time next year!

I recently did "gym style legs". I enjoyed the work. It was tough without being overwhelming. I felt fine the next day.......it was the second day that my calves felt like they were trying to seperate themselves from my body!!! They were screaming....."Abort mission, abort mission!". I was quite surprised! It lasted about 2 days. I was walking so awkwardly, people kept saying "are you ok? Are you sick?"

No, I'm not sick.......I'm a Cathlete! Take that!!!

Like the other poster....I did a kickbox dvd (Susan Chung) and I felt better! Weird.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.