Equipment?

spyrosmom

Cathlete
Ah, yes - the equipment question. What are we gonna need? I saw mention of a heavy bag, but I'm hoping that's optional b/c I don't have the space, and I think DH would fall over if I brought one home:p I suppose I can do the moves w/ an imaginary bag. I think I also saw something about a jump rope, which I don't have enough ceiling space for in the basement, but I can fake that. Anything else special, or just floor, sneakers, and a step? I am very excited already. C'mon payday so I can order!:D:D:D

Nan

I'm actually pretty psyched about the heavy bag...DH bought one a couple of years ago, and I'm always looking for more workouts to use it.

And I know another Cathe-ite who has a heavy bag waiting around too...right Kathy S.?

I'm just wondering if the free standing Wavemaster (the one you fill the base with water) I have will be ok... Any thoughts?... Used it for Tae Bo contact and it was quite an anger/stress-release!!!

Chris.

Last edited:
That's what I'm wondering... I have a heavy bag, but I don't currently have a stand upon which to hang it since I moved about 6 months ago, and I don't foresee having the space to get one anytime soon (I moved into a much smaller workout space!) I was also wondering if the free-standing Wavemaster thingie would work for this.

MC

I have both a wavemaster and a free hanging heavy bag. The wavemaster is GREAT for kickboxing and MMA workouts. Do not fret..you have what you need :) I'm sooooo excited about this new series. I preordered this evening :)

good luck,
FitGirl-ATX

Hi MC, I'm catering the workout to a free standing bag. Not the hanging bags.

That's what I'm wondering... I have a heavy bag, but I don't currently have a stand upon which to hang it since I moved about 6 months ago, and I don't foresee having the space to get one anytime soon (I moved into a much smaller workout space!) I was also wondering if the free-standing Wavemaster thingie would work for this.

MC

Hi Nan! You pretty much answered you own questions for modifications. If anything else is used to support your MMA workout it would be wraps, gloves (if you are striking a bag), and optional weighted gloves. As far as the non MMA workouts if I use any equipment to support the cardio effect, it will be stuff I have used in past DVD's. Hope this helps!

Ah, yes - the equipment question. What are we gonna need? I saw mention of a heavy bag, but I'm hoping that's optional b/c I don't have the space, and I think DH would fall over if I brought one home:p I suppose I can do the moves w/ an imaginary bag. I think I also saw something about a jump rope, which I don't have enough ceiling space for in the basement, but I can fake that. Anything else special, or just floor, sneakers, and a step? I am very excited already. C'mon payday so I can order!:D:D:D

Nan

Hi Cathe or anyone:
I preordered, but, I probably won't be able to get a bag. Is it possible to do the bag workout without the bag, with some kind of modification or substitute?

thanks!

I am wondering the same thing, how effective will the workout be without a bag? Or will this just be a workout that I won't do?

Hi Linda! Sure, you will be able to do the same exercises without any bag at all, it will just be MUCH less intense. The bag spikes the heart rate to very high levels. Doing the workout without a bag would be more like a steady state workout, which is fine too but just not nearly as intense.

Hi Cathe or anyone:
I preordered, but, I probably won't be able to get a bag. Is it possible to do the bag workout without the bag, with some kind of modification or substitute?

thanks!

Hi Linda! Sure, you will be able to do the same exercises without any bag at all, it will just be MUCH less intense. The bag spikes the heart rate to very high levels. Doing the workout without a bag would be more like a steady state workout, which is fine too but just not nearly as intense.

Thanks Cathe for the answer! That's the first time you've written to me! How exciting! I'm looking forward to meeting you at the Roadtrip, too. My daughter, Annelise, asked if I was going to get your autograph, and I said "yes!", so, I hope you will have time to sign something for me!

I was thinking instead of a heavy bag, that I could kick a chair in our famly room(where I work out) that I don't like! It's a real ugly chair that I want to replace anyway :D.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.