Election's over,Now FESS UP-Guilty Pleasures!

icumom

Cathlete
Ok, I just outed myself as a big fan of the Girls Next Door............
I also watch, as though hypnotized....the Duggars with their 17 kids......THAT woman is a freak - and I have a conflicted admiration for her too....gotta be qualudes to be that mellow...
Jon and Kate (the most normal, thank God for the TV show or those kids would be abused....and I don't blame her!)
Project Runway- oh to see art made out of leaves and tablecloths.
Californication - got in in DVD - gross out, cynical,freaky show...love it....
True Blood -wanton sex,vampires,Louisianna back water, voodoo, people who can turn into dogs...what's not to love?
Big Love - Makes me want to move next door.
OH!!!! And Nip Tuck!!!! How can you NOT love that one, its SOOO over the top, you can see the actors having a blast !
And...ummm...OH!!!! The Riches - the gypsy family gone yuppy...priceless....

As I read this list, I am increasingly mortified at all the TV I watch....I have become everything I made fun of in my intellectual youth!!!!

I've recently taken up reading mystery novels again. It's a HUGE time-waster but it relaxes me. Also, playing Scramble on Facebook. I don't even want to think about how many perfectly good hours have been eaten up by that. :eek: And posting on the Cathe boards. Oy! In short, most of my life is a big waste of time, but I enjoy it. :)

I LOVE Dexter but cut out Showtime to save some money. I am going to order it towards the end of the season and watch them all on in-demand;).

LOVE 24. Was so annoyed it didn't come on in January (due to writer's strike). They are doing a two-day "rev-up-the-hype" special on November 23rd and 24th.

I like The Office. It is SOOO hysterical and I just cringe!

I faithfully tape every day and watch General Hospital, The Daily Show with John Stewart and The Colbert Report.

I think that's it...

I don't know which ones would be "guilty pleasures." Maybe all because I really shouldn't watch so much tv!

Carrie

I've recently taken up reading mystery novels again. It's a HUGE time-waster but it relaxes me. Also, playing Scramble on Facebook. I don't even want to think about how many perfectly good hours have been eaten up by that. :eek: And posting on the Cathe boards. Oy! In short, most of my life is a big waste of time, but I enjoy it. :)

I get very annoyed when my actual work interferes with my Cathe-surfing time:eek:!

Carrie

OH yeah...THAT....well, I don't get out much...its work, kids, house, workout at home, dogs...work. more kids, house....and I thank God for our health and home....but I get lonely too,I don't have siblings or any close friends to hang with, so you all are IT!
So I won't feel guilty about that!I love the politics -makes me THINK, the recipes -makes me realize the awesome power of streusal, and the like minds who obsess about video workouts!

I love Celebrity Rehab because I have a big crush on Dr. Drew. :eek:

I also enjoy Project Runway, ANTM (although I can't stand Tyra Banks) and Top Chef.

I have a lot of guilty pleasures. Let's see.

Jon and Kate plus 8
What not to wear
Celebrity Rehab (I think Dr. Drew is hot) :D
Rock of Love Charm School
America's Next Top Model
ScreamQueens

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Playing online is my guilty pleasure. Yeah, I'm often looking up something for school, or reading an article that could be considered of some educational value, but I also play quite a bit too. :) There's so much out there!

I never watch TV. So that's not a guilty pleasure for me. I just don't have the time. Or better put, I'd rather be surfing the internet, reading or doing something else. Hmm, perhaps if we had cable I'd be more inclined! haha. I do remember a time when I loved watching Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Oprah and the like, but not these days. So. Yup. Reading and the Internet. Those are my two vices. :p

I LOVE Dexter but cut out Showtime to save some money. I am going to order it towards the end of the season and watch them all on in-demand;).
I don't know which ones would be

Netflix has the first three seasons on DVD (and the first one is available for instant watching over the Internet).

One of my guilty pleasures is audio books : thrillers especially (they are in French, but not "great literature," though they have all been interesting so far).

I also have a certain fondness for watching Lifetime or LMN movies.

I love Top Chef, Girls Next Door, Project Runway, Tim Gunns' Guide To Style, Top Design and Housewives of Atlanta...I know, I know....

I love Prison Break-talk about suspended reality! And I like "brain break" tv shows like the Real Housewives (all editions), Project Runway, 17 Kids and Counting, although it always makes me feel inadequate in the parenting department. And Life in the Fab Lane-Kimora Lee Simmons. Oh, and DWTS-so fun!

Online I'm addicted to Facebook and its games-Word Challenge, etc. and these forums. Oh, and Go Fug Yourself-a blog about the horrors of celebrity dressing-hysterical!

See what happens when you have too much free time on your hands? It's a wonder I get anything done around here!

True Blood!!! (new favorite show)
As mentioned in another post, The Girls Next Door.
Housewives of Orange County and NY, don't like Atlanta, can't wait for NJ (I live in NJ).

Right NOW, I'm addicted to Biggest Loser, Grey's Anatomy and I'm really amused by the new show , Kath & Kim.

OMG,

I have never even heard of most of thise shows, no less seen them.!!:eek::eek::eek: And I'm probably asleep when they come on anyway!!
My BIGGEST guilty pleasure: I nap on the days my youngest goes to pre-school. I read for an hour then take a nice nap!!!

Otherwise I spend time surfin' the net and watching House re runs.
Am I a loser???
My kids keep me quite busy, DH travels so I don't drink, I gossip some on the phone with friends. I know gossiping is BAD BAD BAD, but you said GUILTY pleasures right??? :D:D:D:D

elliemom

Dancing with the Stars

Survivor (my two teenage sons watch it and it's something of a bonding thing or I probably would skip it)

What Not to Wear - but is this really a guilty pleasure? Surely you don't want to see me in pleated pants and shoulder pads!

Dr 90210 - God, I may not be perfect, but at least I'm natural! (If you don't count the highlighted hair, sunless tanning lotion, Crest whitestrips)

TV- Reality: Project Runway, Housewives of whatever place they are in, Tim Gunn's guide to style, Say Yes to the Dress, BBC's You are what you eat, BBC's How clean is your house, Little People Big World and the one show with the decent looking gay guy who flips houses and has OCD. Can't remember the name. He is so anal it just cracks me up.

Normal viewing: THE TUDORS on showtime!!! And a good game on ESPN. And lately I have got into House.

Internet: Cathe of course, The local paper online (due to their forums also), Local real estate listings, Foxnews and U.K. Daily Mail.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.