Election Night falls on a Tuesday

SirenSongWoman

Cathlete
Oh my God. I'm off on Tuesday and Wednesday so I'll be home. I'll be an absolute train wreck. I really wish it was a work night because I know they won't have the result at least until Wednesday some time and I NEED to keep busy as my stomach knots-up. Do any of you plan to check in here?

I'll check in! :)

My girls and I are having an Election Party. Along with some serious food (pizza and doughnuts...woo!), we're going to make our own electoral map and follow along as they call the states.

It is also the day of my 50th birthday AND I am a City Clerk so I have to work a million hours that day. Oh well.

If you can't feed your kids - don't breed anymore and expect me to pay for it.
And don't get a pet if you can't afford the proper care either!

Just out of curiosity, was the above directed at a particular forum member, or all of us as a group?

Yeah election night also falls on my birthday this year.

I am hoping this year I actually get a present I like :p:D

Sorry. I had Wednesday/Thursday off for years. I know election night always falls on Tuesday but this is the first Presidential election on which I have Tuesday off and I just realized it will be the first time I'll be home when this all happens. I remember crying at work the last time...

If you can't feed your kids - don't breed anymore and expect me to pay for it.
And don't get a pet if you can't afford the proper care either!

Just out of curiosity, was the above directed at a particular forum member, or all of us as a group?

Actually - the first part is is expanded off of a bumper sticker I saw flying down the highway here in the good ol mitten of MI (worst economy in the U.S.) that said "If ya can't feed 'em - don't breed 'em". Something I whole heartrly agree with. In this day and age of contraceptives it's not that difficult to understand how NOT to get preggers. We managed to not have one until we were ready (age 36) and then chose one because that is all we could afford - although the teenage boy is eating us out of house and home!! tehehehe.

The part about the pet is an add on - People need to understand that pets are very much like kids - it takes money & time to take care of them. Sure they are cute when they are puppies (and babies) but there is a reality check at some point. I take pride in the fact that we budget like crazy to take very good care of our dog - and from what I can see on this board there are many animal lovers who do the same. It's the ones (and most assured none on this forum) that don't take care of their pets.

It is not directed at anyone on this board - just a statement of fact in my eyes. Ya know - freedom of speech!

I don't question anyone else signature saying - one that I do change from time to time - why should you question mine?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.