ebay ?

SheWolf

Cathlete
As far as ebay goes I am an idiot! Anyway, here is my problem - I received the wrong item from the seller. I sent him an email Wednesday but have heard nothing. So what do I do next? BTW, I did pay through Paypal. So do I file a dispute with ebay or paypal? Thanks!

Go to the ebay item page and send the seller a question thru the ebay system. If you don't hear back in 2 business days then file a PayPal dispute.

Thank you for your responses and I did as you said but now I have another question.

I opened the dispute with paypal and requested a refund. I immediately got a response from the seller denying the refund and stated that if I send teh item back he will send me the correct one. So here comes the problem...I responded to him saying that I don't feel as though I should have to incur the expense of shipping this incorrect item back and so far his has not responded back. So should I send the item back and just pay the shipping cost, continue to wait for a response? And if I do send it back what guarantee do I have that I will ever see anything?

I will never buy off of ebay again!

I will never buy off of ebay again!

Ebay is a good place to get burnt, but you can also find a lot of good deals too. Just make sure that you always buy from a seller with good feedback. I always check the feedback. I will not even look at an auction from anyone with less than 95% positive feedback and the majority of the time I stick with those who have 100%. I've sold 100's of items on there as well and have only had 2 issues with buyers (knock on wood and fingers crossed).

Hi Liann,

The seller's feedback rating was 98%. I also stay away from anybody much lower than that. I just don't understand why he will not correspond with me and work the matter out. As of now the only post he responded to was the one requesting the refund which he said no, other than that he won't answer me. Guess I have to wait until I can escalate it to a paypal claim, but I just want to make sure I do everything I should so paypal doesn't find me a fault.

PayPal almost always sides with the buyer so I think you will be fine. Make sure to open a dispute with eBay as well though. And leave negative feedback for this buyer stating exactly what the problem is once everything is settled. I think a lot of people who have a bad experience forget to do that. Also, I like to read the actual negative feedbacks for sellers even if they have a good rating. Sometimes, a buyer may have 98% feedback, but they sold 100000 things and still have a bunch of negative comments but not enough to affect the overall percentage. We've had that happen with DH where he bought from someone with a high percentage and then had problems. When he went back to read some of that persons negative comments, he found a bunch that had the same problem as he did. Because that person was a store though and sold SO many items, those few hundred negative comments didn't make a dent in the person's overall percentage.

Last edited:
Thanks Liann,

But if I can ask one more question?.... When I opened the dispute with paypal the instructions said either open the dispute with paypal or ebay but do not open a dispute on both. So should I do both anyway?

Okay one more question - right now this is just a dispute in paypal - since he won't respond to me should I escalate it to a claim now or give him a bit more time?

Last edited:
Gotcha, I guess just stick with your paypal dispute then. I've always disputed any problems straight through eBay, so I didn't know you couldn't do both.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.