Eating Clean

kyliemarie

Ok, I come from the show-me-state (great excuse - huh) anyway, what does exactly eating clean mean. What are these kinds of foods. Thanks Cathe for letting his Missourian know! Stacy

Not Cathe, but Oxygen Magazine has a special issue out called "Clean Eating" I believe (I have it but it's not handy). It explains what eating clean is and also has recipes. Basically eating unprocessed, whole foods when possible.

Very interesting magazine. Definitely worth checking out!

Gibbee (A fellow Show-Me stater)

Oxygen Magazine has a contributing auther, Tosca Reno, who has a new book coming out in January that is all about clean eating.

Nuts and bolts explanation is eating foods as close to their natural, unprocessed state. Apples instead of applesauce, oranges instead of orange juice, etc. It also encompasses healthy fats/oils (olive oil) and complex carbohydrates (fruits/veggies/whole grains).

I could not find the special oxygen magazine. Is it something special that subscribers get? I could find it on the magazine stand. I plan to buy Tosca's book in January. I've been losely doing the Body for Life plan.
Carmen

Hello, Carmen!

You can go to www.amazon.com and pre-order Tosca's book...

http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Clean-Die..._bbs_sr_1/103-4426444-5528623?ie=UTF8&s=books

It is only $11.53 through amazon and you can get free shipping if you buy something else...maybe Dr. Joel Furhmann's or Dr. Oz's books.

I actually pre-ordered my copy through www.eatcleandiet.com AND I paid full price and also had to pay for shipping. Kidda stinks that I found the amazon link after I ordered. But, I think the $ will be well spent! :7

I think that Tosca is a great role model for those of us who have not always been below a size 10. She fought the battle and has been very successful, even winning some sort of bikini contest.

Merry Christmas! :+
Denise

Hi, one more note - If you missed the Clean Eating special issue of Oxygen while it was on the newsstands, you can also order that one issue from the Oxygen Magazine website. You can get to it through Google.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
Cheryl

P.S. Cathe, thanks for all you do. My dear husband gave me a new DVD unit for Christmas so I don't have to play your workouts on the kids' x-box anymore! I love it!

I got mine at Barnes & Noble (saw it still there this weekend) and have seen it at Wal-Mart, too. They just may be out in your area.

You've gotten great tips! I just wanted to add that the best explanation of cleaning eating was one I read that a body builder said. "Anything that grows in the ground or eats something that grows in the ground."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.