Eating Clean Tues. May 29/07

Hello!
I'm so glad we're doing this check-in--it's a great way to stay on track and motivated.
Yesterday, I did well until after dinner, when I had a little cake
and ice cream to celebrate my dad's birthday. I'm going to do better today! And tomorrow will be all liquids--I'm going for a
colonoscopy on Thursday morning. I guess an all-liquid diet is
considered clean, right?! Not looking forward to it!!
Anyway, today's menu:
B--whole wheat toast, oatmeal, and blueberries
L--salad with tuna
D--large salad with a small amount of beef and tortellini; green beans
I haven't been sticking to the 5-6 meals a day concept, but I do
like to have a small snack in the afternoon, usually a piece of
fruit. Hope everyone has a great day. Happy clean eating!!
Valerie

Hello ladies!!

shelly- glad to see i wasn't the only one who goofed last night, lol. i said only one biscuit and had three (hits self on head).

anyway yes today is a new day and i can live with one mess up. so today's plan is

B- oatmeal plus 2 HB eggs
S-mountain mix organic clif bar
L-grilled chicken salad/ almonds
s- not sure...???
dinner- salmon with veggies.

try to take it more water today!

workout today was a 5mile run using an itrain.

i hope everyone has a great clean eating day...:D

Hi, Everyone!

I'm starting today. Your plans all look great! Thanks for the reminder about lots of water too. I love water and have no trouble drinking it, but just don't remember all the time.

B- nl pb on a sliced banana
s- watermelon
L- barley and vegetable soup, cottage cheese
s- plain yogurt with berries
D- grilled chicken, grilled vegetables, brown rice
if I need a pm snack...raw veggies and some hummus

Good luck all!

iris123

Today's Food:
B-Protein Shake
S-2 Oranges, 2 Brazil Nuts
L-Black Bean Soup, Salad w/ light dressing
S-Fruit and Nut bar, handful of dried fruit

I am thinking about eating a salad for dinner and staying away from snacking for the rest of today. I will let you know how I do tommorow:)

Post workout ~ Usual oatmeal & a banana

Lunch ~ Lemon pepper Tilapia, broccoli, and half a baked sweet potato w/ ICBINB & cinnamon

I've also had about 80 oz water, cup of coffee, 2 cups half decaf, and a glass of iced tea (and just got my A/C fixed so it won't be so darned hot in here!)

I was thinking the same thing Shelley!!

Can someone tell me what a Fat Flush wrap is ?
Also I think I saw a green protein shake mentioned.....what is that?

Today so far:
S: pb&tofu 1/2 ww wrap
B: veggie eggbeater omelet
L: salad with chicken breast on it , iced coffee (not really clean< I guess? soy milk, coffee, sugar free pudding mix, unsweetened cocoa, splenda and ice)

and I'm trolling for food now!;-) :eek: :p

Hey all! Eeeww what a bad girl I was all weekend.....but here it is the start of a new "week", right??

b-McCanns Irish Oatmeal, 1 scrambled whole egg and 2 whites, 1 slcie of low fat swiss
l-Lean cuisine pizza(not clean, but I love the portion control), a small mixed green salad, some yummy organic asian sesame dressing
d-will be a baked sweet potato and turkey meatloaf

snacks: Kashi bar, and some cottage cheese
Water: should make it to my 120 ounces(72 done by 1pm, Arizona time)

Have a great rest of the day!
Donna

Oh pleese!!! :) You noticed that I did not include portion sizes right??:eek: As I sit here chowing down!

I know the "Fat Flush" wrap deal sounds weird. I found them at Whole Foods, they are simply gluten free, flourless, sprouted flax seed, and all sorts of other good for you stuff , pounded into a tortilla. The big ones have about 180 cals, the small 80. They are my new yummy obsession, seriously try 'em!:) Kinda like Ekekiel bread only better I think.

I got through the whole GS Legs this AM, despite a wicked head cold I am fighting off! Yeah baby!!:7

I thought we were starting on Tuesday (because of the holiday) so my eating this weekend was beyond ABYSMAL. Today is DF's birthday (he is doing this with me). We went out for a really decadent meal on Saturday. I guess that makes up for the clean dinner we are having tonight. No cake for him. :(

I missed my alarm this morning so I did not have time to work out. I got off work early and had a big plan to work out but by the time I ran some errands then got home, I was really, really tired. I NEVER nap and I had to take a nap. I still feel pretty tired, so, even though I am feeling really guilty, I am going to take today off. Thing is, I took yesterday off. UGH! At least DF and I will take the pups for a walk after dinner.

My food for the day:

B: oatmeal with bee pollen and flaxseed and 4 egg whites
S: watermelon
L: a slice of soybean loaf (made it last night out of Tosca's book) and a spinach salad with carrots and tomatoes drizzled with balsalmic vinegar
S: a slice of Ezekiel bread with "Better Than Butter" peanut butter and bee pollen
D: Quintessential Quinoa (another recipe from Tosca-it's wonderful!), asparagus, and steamed shrimp

If I am hungry later, snack will be half an apple with BTB peanut butter.

I drink a ton of water, so that's not a problem. I think I have had 3 52 oz. jugs so far (they have these great jugs at QT...they are 52 oz. and very well insulated. If I add ice at night, chances are some will still be there in the morning). I have always been a big water drinker. I gave up my daily Diet Coke...that sucks.

I have a feeling this is going to be difficult. I am absolutely addicted to sugar/sweets (especially at night).

Lorie

I saw the FF wraps. I was wondering if they were any good. I think I will pick them up next time I'm in the store. I do love th Ezekiel bread...

Lorie

I haven't read everyone's thread, but I'm amazed at all the great ideas there are! I just purchased Tosca Reno's clean eating book, and I'm loving it. Now, if I can only put in action.

I started today with 20 oz of water. I started it before my WO - 4:30am - and didn't finish it until after my WO - 6:00am. I have a difficult time drinking so much. I have been peeing all day!!To make matters worse, I had a bunch of watermelon. Yikes, I need a direct line. I only drank about 60 oz today, but that's alot for me.

B - oatmeal and 2% milk w/Equal - there is no way I'm giving up my sweeteners
S - watermelon
L- salad w/tuna & raspberry vinagrette dressing, cantelope
s - walnuts
D - more oatmeal - no time to cook tonight!
S - almonds

I would love suggestions on the water issue. I use the flavor packages that you add to water bottles to make intake a little easier. I know that stuff is not clean, but I do what I can.
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

OK...kids are tucked in bed and now is the time of the day/night that I fight with each and every day! I'm hungry a bit, so I need to choose wisely so I don't start the urges and cravings. Tread lightly. lol I'm planning on going straight upstairs to my bedroom after my last snack of the day.

Till tomorrow......

Gayle

Shelley, I'm right with you on that one!!! I'd probably eat an arm off if I tried to eat that little. That's probably my biggest downfall...I am truly hungry 24 hours a day. I wake up starving and go to bed starving, but if I'm going to eat to excess I try to keep it super clean. I've actually been known to down a half a head of roasted cauliflower as a snack :eek:!

I do like some of the ideas I've seen here though. I stayed right on track, although I'm just sitting down to eat dinner now (9:00) and don't really like to eat this late. Well, actually there was a little unaccounted for snacking. I HAD to taste-test my guacamole, for seasoning, of course :p:+ .

Continued success everyone,
Wendi

The water issue seems to be difficult for a lot of people. Tosca says to drink 16 oz. right when you wake up. That knocks out a bit!

Maybe just drink every hour or so. Try to "schedule it in" until you get used to it. Those packets aren't great, but if they are helping you to drink water, then that's a good thing.

I know all about having to pee a hundred times a day! I probably know where every bathroom is of every place I go!

Another thing that might help is getting a water bottle that shows the amount of water. I know those Nalgene water bottles have it listed. I have a couple of water jugs from QT and they have the ounces written on it. My favorite is a big blue one that's really well insulated and is 52 oz. (I can't believe people actually go to QT to fill those up with SODA!!!).

Hope this helps!

Lorie

Snack ~ Protein pancake (basically my usual oatmeal recipe- 1/2 c. oatmeal, 1 T. wheat germ, 1 T. flax, 1/2 c. cott. cheese plus 1/2 c. eggbeaters cooked like a pancake) & topped w/ 1 T. NM PB <and it turned out delicious!>

Dinner ~ Grilled chicken tenderloins, baked sweet potato; broccoli, carrots & cucumbers w/ light ranch

Dessert ~ Fruit salad (strawberries, peaches, mandarin oranges, grapes, pineapple)

Snack ~ SF hot cocoa

And finished up about 130 oz water. I guess I'm the weirdo, I drink water all day & have to watch or I'll drink too much!!

050208_10008324294.gif

The wraps sound yummy! I like Ekekiel bread so now I need to find the wraps. Are they frozen?

I've been using Whole Wheat Flatout Wraps. They are 100 calories, 1 gram of sugar, 300 mg omega-3's and 8 grams of fiber. I buy them at Costco in bulk and keep some in the fridge and freeze the rest.
I love them but am always looking for variety!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.