Eating clean--- How clean does it have to be versus body fat?

Hi Nathalie. Thanks for sharing. When it comes to diet a lot of people think they are experts. She is so right about everyone's individual "perception" about clean eating. It was my MD who told me about a year ago I should start using MyFitnessPal and boy it is an eye opener for sure. There are also dieticians and nutrition experts that can help us design meal plans that are truly considered clean. No matter how much or how hard we exercise, diet is the most important thing, especially as we get older.

To island Rose,

You are welcome.
So true as we get old eating habit impact our health even more. I feel like the body react signalling rejection so quickly. My skin react to bad eating habit. Even an occasional dehydration signal out loud on my skin:D:D. I used to get away with this and sleepless night but now it is just no no. Naturally I am saying no to unecessary food and beverage consumption. I think a dietician/nutrition consultancy is worth investing in.

About myfitness pal, I have tried on the web to sign inbut never receive a sign up confirmation. Sorry I don't know much about it. Is it an app or I can sign up on the web? I do use another web software to track my food intake from time to time.

Food is 70% of the what we want to look and feel. I think this can not be stressed enough!:eek::eek:

Naturally

I find that food is not just 70% of how I feel but rather closer to 85%. My skin breaks out in terrible rashes if I eat processed foods now. And, if I don't eat enough fruits and vegetables I get puffy, it's terrible.

About myfitness pal, I have tried on the web to sign inbut never receive a sign up confirmation. Sorry I don't know much about it. Is it an app or I can sign up on the web? I do use another web software to track my food intake from time to time.

Food is 70% of the what we want to look and feel. I think this can not be stressed enough!:eek::eek:

It is both. I use the app every day and every once in awhile I check the website, but it is mostly the app. If you go to Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com you can download the app for your device and also sign in to use it on the web. I use the app to track everything: there is a food diary, an exercise diary, a progress chart, etc. You can use it to lose, gain, or maintain your weight. When you download the app you need to log your current weight and your goals, it will ask you if you want to lose (or gain) 1 lb a week, 2 lbs a week, or if you want to maintain your weight. As long as you are honest and have realistic goals the app will take care of everything else. Those days you exercise your allowed calorie level will be higher. After you complete the information for a certain day you can check out the percentages of all the nutrients you consumed. It really opened my eyes. I was noticing that my iron levels were below 100% of the recommended levels, and since I am still in my 30s and getting my periods, having low iron levels is not a good thing, so I took care of that. A lot of ladies here and on video fitness use this app or similar ones. They are really easy to use. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Another thing, lol, no way it is 70% diet for me. :eek: I used to think it was 80% diet, 20% exercise, but as I get older I believe is becoming 90% diet, 10% exercise. And diet is the hardest thing to control for a foodie like myself.:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.