Easily fatigued feet/calves

taterkc

Cathlete
I find my feet and calves get so tired very quickly during a workout with a lot of little jumps (shuffles, jumping jacks, etc) way before I'm "cardio tired" Could it be because they are tight? Any ideas to help? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing that comes to my mind is maybe your workout shoes need to be replaced as they may not be providing enough support anymore. Same thing happens to me and it's normally solved by new runners - and a good Cathe warm up before the workout!
Jamie

I agree with Jamie! New sneakers can be a wonderful thing. I start to feel it in my knees, ankles and feet. New sneaks....no more problem! And it puts a nice bounce in my workout!

Legs up Wall pose for 7-8 minutes before you work the legs can be helpful as well. I place my lower back on a body pillow on the floor and put my legs up the wall. From here you can stretch every part of your ankle.
LeGsupwallimages.jpg

legs wallimages.jpg

Thanks for the stretches! I'll give it a shot. I just got new aisics a month ago. It helps a little. But I think I'm just really tight in the calves or something. Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stretches are a great idea and will probably help a lot. I would suggest strengthening your calves also, if you aren't already doing that. Sometimes when body parts fatigue easily, it means that something isn't as strong as it should be, and weaker muscles are trying to compensate. Maybe try a test and see how many single-leg slow calf raises you are able to do (do them on a step holding onto something for balance, so you can get full range of motion). If you can't do very many, it would be a good idea to do 2-3 sets 3 times a week to build up the strength, and see if that helps your performance in your cardio workouts.

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.