Early Risers Check In

I think when we stop getting results it's worth looking at switching things up in our nutrition. Have you tried maybe carb cycling or adding more healthy fats to your diet? Switching around your macros and experimenting a bit with lower carb, higher fat type protocols? Or are there things that maybe you are sensitive to, like dairy, gluten, etc? Also, I know summer is big for alcohol, sometimes that's a sticking point for some women.
AND as far as your training, maybe it's time for a rest? Are you overtraining and pushing too hard for results, perhaps you need a good relaxation week (or two), of yoga, walking and taking it easy? I know you stated you just had vacation, but how about one week of slow easy movement like walking, yoga, some mediation and concentrating on getting enough rest, then moving back into it.

Maybe others will have some other suggestions. :)

Thanks Dawn - yeah have changed around my nutrition since I know that is what is more important. I am just at a loss as to why none of these programs are giving me any results. In between the different programs I have taken rests and done light barre workouts because I love the flexibility. I just trying to figure out if Cathe workouts (which I only started a couple of months ago) are just not right for me.

I decided to take this week off which would have been the 4th week. I am just doing barre workouts. Trying to really figure out where I should go at this point. Should I continue and see if I get results, change it again. Normally I would see some changes. Do the normal X-train rotation (even though I really love 30 minutes ones). I don't know. :(

Hey! I'm back Candice, so let's get caught up.
What are your goals?
You were doing Cathe workouts without results.... so I would look at how hard you are working, how much cardio vs weights, (you have no trouble being consistent) and what your level of exertion is. How much are you eating? I remember you saying that it worked with you used a calorie tracker- are you doing that now?

We'll get you back on track!

C

Hey there. Sorry haven't been online too much - real life getting in the way. I am still working out. This have been doing Suzanne Barre Streaming. I am trying to decide what direction I am going to take my workouts. What workouts or rotation are you planning on doing. I haven't given up Cathe yet, just taking a little break. I like barre because it really helps with my flexibility. Eating is pretty much under control, if anything I don't eat enough because I eat a lot of veggies and they are calorie dense. That has always been my issue.

That's ok! Real life should take precedence over online life, IMO. lol :)
I am doing a shortened STS (I stop the workouts at 30 or 35 min and stretch) because that's all I have time for. Right now I'm in phase 1, it's working well but I don't know how it will exactly work in later phases. I'm going to ask Cathe if she thinks I'll reap any benefits doing them shortened. I figure I will make gains just not as much as someone who does the entire program.
Then easy cardio other days- walking, biking.

I've been excited to watch the STS dvds and get a feel for them so this gets both done. lol.

Yes this time of year it's so so so easy to eat the veggies- they are so delicious!

I was thinking are you getting enough protein?
and are you working your heart rate high enough often enough for results?
I know for me to lean out, I need to do HIIT 3 times a week to burn off some fat. I have to work REALLY hard at that.

So today was disc 5 (half of it) and now off to the pool both kids have swimming lessons this morning!

Have a great day :)
T

Shortening STS sounds good. They seemed really long when I did them and they were equipment heavy, but I did like them. I may revisit them again. Let me know if you get a response from Cathe about shortening them.

Yeah, eating a lot of veggies in the summer is so easy, so is eating a lot of fruit. I know I have to limit myself on fruit because I can eat that all day long and I know too much can cause problems. I have been good about getting my protein in. I actually feel a little bit better backing off high impact stuff lately. I am adding in a body pump workout here and there. I love those.

Hope your summer is going good so far. :)

Yes the shorter STS is actually fun! I'm feeling a bit firmer so we'll see what comes of it.
That's good to listen to your body and back off the high impact. I think it can create inflammation in the body if we don't take a break... and maybe that's why your body responded the way it did!
Summer is turning out to be good :)

Today was disc 6 and I actually did the entire thing. My mom watched the kids so I took advantage of the time!

Now to make dinner :) Have a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.