Early Morning Workouts

Another early bird!

Had to go back to my 3am workouts. I was finding that working out at a later time was way to stresful, to many things to do. http://cathe.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif I love my morning workouts...done and out of the way!!!

Lulu,

I am going back to my 5am workouts...Actually I will be making it earlier than ever starting at 4:30...I did 5am consistently for years and looking forward to do it again. Love it, it is quiet time without stress excellent to focus.

:):):)

Fighting4Me, How are the morning workouts going?
I hope you are finding that it really is the best part of your day:)

Hey! I wanted to give it a week and then update....so...I woke up every day at 4:30am but didn't always get up and work out. I did workout every day but it was rushed and not what I wanted. So, I'm going back to the 4:30 time. I just have to prepare my apt ahead of time cause I need to re arrange the furniture. another thing I worry about is jumping. I'm in a 2nd floor apt and I worry I'm pounding too loud so I take the intensity down a level. anyway, going to go for getting up every day and also work on the eating which is trying to sabotage my working out! more updates to come!!

You've gotten many great ideas so I'll keep it short. I thought it was impossible for me to get up at 4 am and I used to consider myself an early person. In other words, even 4 was a bit too much for me. However with my daughter's sport schedule, string performances, my bible study every Tuesday evening, work travel, and other unexpected events I found working out in the AM mandatory if I was going to stay committed to exercising. I get up at 3:50 am to give myself time to wake up, eat half a banana with a little dark chocolate peanut butter, and then take one caffeine tablet. The caffeine has helped significantly. I make sure that I start my routine no later than 4:15 am if I'm working out for an hour so I can be on schedule to get in the shower as if I hadn't worked out. I'm not a coffee drinker so one tablet a day before my workout is just right with no jitters. If you can't take caffeine try Tyrosine, an amino acid. It's known to give you alertness as well as a building block for protein. Read up on it first to see if you're interested. Good luck.

Thanks a lot for this information! A lot of times I do find myself tired and just not able to get that jump start. I'm going to look into this and see if it works for me. I appreciate your suggestions!

Early birds rock

My alarm goes off at 3:50 weekday mornings! But I totally love it. That is me time. I teach school and have 3 kids and a hubby. This is my best solution in order to manage my life. I have been doing this for yrs! :D

Jennifer
Jennifer Wade Fit Physique on Facebook

you all are inspiring me!

I used to get up early 4:30/5:00 but then I didn't have to anymore...or so I thought! But after reading all of these I'm going back to getting up at 5:00 starting tomorrow!

This feed has been very encouraging. The first thought of this idea of getting so early to workout seemed impossible and just down-right insane. Now I can't see doing it any other way. Even if my work schedule changed where I didn't have to be in at 7:30 am I would still start my day off with exercising. Otherwise I risk not getting it in at all in the evenings. Besides, although I could no it in my twenties with no problem, exercising in the evening was causing me restless nights. Now the alarm clock has to wake me up! Now I find that if I don't get my exercise in first thing waking up on the weekends and, again, run the risk of not getting it in at all or certainly not as frequent and consistent. It was a huge adjustment with a huge return. BALANCE.

Tahitia

thank you

My alarm goes off at 3:50 weekday mornings! But I totally love it. That is me time. I teach school and have 3 kids and a hubby. This is my best solution in order to manage my life. I have been doing this for yrs! :D

Jennifer
Jennifer Wade Fit Physique on Facebook

reading your post has made me rethink about getting up at 3:50am,I did it for a few years because I would babysit our grandson who would come by 7am and if I didn't get my workout in early(starting @ 5:30 it wouldn't get done. Now I get up later and it can get frustrating trying to fit workout in.]

Hey! I wanted to give it a week and then update....so...I woke up every day at 4:30am but didn't always get up and work out. I did workout every day but it was rushed and not what I wanted. So, I'm going back to the 4:30 time. I just have to prepare my apt ahead of time cause I need to re arrange the furniture. another thing I worry about is jumping. I'm in a 2nd floor apt and I worry I'm pounding too loud so I take the intensity down a level. anyway, going to go for getting up every day and also work on the eating which is trying to sabotage my working out! more updates to come!!
Have you had any complaints from your downstairs neighbors? I had a downstairs neighbor tell me one time that she knew when I was doing my step aerobics. Yikes! After I got that comment, I joined a gym until I bought my own home.

Thanks for this thread....

I was getting up at 5:00-5:15 but this week I turned it back to 4:45am. Also the caffeine tablet upon waking has really helped me. It takes about 15-20min to kick in plus there's no coffee sloshing around in my tummy.

Update time!!

Have you had any complaints from your downstairs neighbors? I had a downstairs neighbor tell me one time that she knew when I was doing my step aerobics. Yikes! After I got that comment, I joined a gym until I bought my own home.

So far I haven't heard any complaints. It has made me tighten muscles more so I "land softly" which is what Cathe is always telling me to do. I even do kickboxing and jump kicks and it's ok. I have to admit, I get more intense in the middle of the day then at the beginning of the day. I do (and am looking) want to move to a 1st floor so I don't feel that same restriction.

As for my 2nd week update...I got up 3 out of the 7 days for an early morning workout. The days I didn't get up I still worked out later in the day. However I want to make the early morning a consistent thing cause things can always happen that will distract from my workout. Every week I feel more empowered by all of you to do this!

I am also starting my sugar free / white food free new life style. I spoke to a friend of mine who has been doing this since may of this year and she looks amazing! I'm excited to see what happens when proper diet meets exercise!!

great to hear, especially about the "landing softly" part :)
As for the No white/processed Sugar, that really makes a difference - good for you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.