Early Check-in!

kellyeli

Hi all, I have to do this early, who knows if I'll get online tomorrow! Had a good week, continueing with my CTX rotation, but jazzed up the order this time. I actually think I'm seeing some good results after only 3 weeks, my legs look alot more defined (especially the quads) and I'm even starting to see good definition in the shoulder and chest areas. I think this could be due to all the kickbox moves in these tapes, I only used to do it once every 2 weeks. I may have to extend my planned 4 week rotation to 6, but I don't know if I can hold out on trying Carkdio Kicks! The change in order really has made a difference in my ability to do these tapes with a minimum of fatigue. (After all, it wouldn't be a Cathe tape if we didn't get fatigued, right?) Spacing out Power Circuit and Leaner Legs was just what the doctor ordered. although it was more of a back fatigue problem during the deadlifts, than a leg one that was my major concern. Anyhoo, it's outta there!! Ok, here's my week:

Sunday: Supposed to be a rest day, but I felt like hanging out with my hips, so I threw in Bryan Kest #3. Thought I had put in #1, since I had wanted to take it easy, but by the time I realized my mistake, I was already into it.

Monday: CTX Step & Intervals plus Chest. Love the intervals, when you know they're gonna end soon! I really need to work on shoulder strength, they tire before my chest. Read all the suggestions on how to isolate the pecs better, but I already do them on an incline (darned rotator cuffs) and I concentrate as much as possible. (My neck is sometimes sore the next day from clenching my jaw, seems to be my best bet to really sqeeze the chest)

Tuesday: CTX Power Circuit plus Back. Those blasts almost seemed easy.... NOT!!! I turned my back quickly and strained it the day before, but the back work actually seemed to help it!

Wednesday: CTX Kickbox plus Biceps. This is so much fun, it's killin' me not to even watch Cardio Kicks (ARGH!) Biceps felt good, might up the weight a bit next week.

Thursday: CTX 10-10-10 plus Triceps. This may be my fave, but I missed the double ricochet into the mambo on the step after I thought I had it last week! STill experiencing forearm fatigue on these triceps exercises? Anyone else have this problem? Not that working my forearms is a bad thing, I just want to be sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Friday: CTX All Step plus Shoulders. I always think this one is going to be so easy when it starts out, then wham, have a few power 15's! I really need to find a new modification for the bent arm side lateral raise (can't do them b/c of persnickety rotator cuffs). I'm currently subbing long levers for these, but that just makes for too many, any suggestions?

Saturday: Aerojump for 15 min. Would have gone longer, but the kiddies were just interrupting too much. As bad as I am at jumping rope, I need all the concentration I can get! CTX Leaner Legs. Was very pleased at my performance. Made sure to stretch the calves well before launching into the dreaded static lunges, it seemed to make a good bit of difference. (They were still hard, of course!) Not having done the back work on the preceeding day made the deadlifts much better, no back fatigue and I only modified one of the 2-2 counts to 4-4, the first set. Yeah!

Well, there she is. I'll wait for this last scheduled week of CTX to see if I want to extend my rotation. If any more results are apparent, I'll up it to a full 6 weeks. Awaiting everyone else's posts!

Elizabeth Kelly
happy.gif

I'll go ahead and

do the check-in thing too
happy.gif
!! Great week for working out, horrible week for eating. You get that sometimes. Anyway here's my week: MON:CTX bi's a.m., Ctx tri's p.m. TUES: CTX chest WED: CTS back a.m., Leaner Legs p.m. Thurs: CTX shoulders, FRI: CTX bi's a.m., CTX tri's p.m., SAT(today): CTX chest, Sun: I plan on doing Leaner Legs and CTX back. I might do what Elizabeth has done and change things around. Haven't decided yet. I'm not experiencing any negitive feedback from my body on this, but I don't want to start either
wink.gif
! Have a good week!!!

I'll go early, too!!

I might be too sore tomorrow to even be able to type on the keyboard. I'd love to hear about the results you're seeing, Elizabeth, with CTX.
Here's my week:
Monday, CTX Step and Intervals and 3-mile run in the pm.
Tuesday, CTX kickbox.
Wednesday, CTX 10-10-10 in am and CTX All Step in pm.
Thursday and Friday, rest, because . . .
Saturday was my Cow Harbor 10K run. I was hoping for a 1:02:00 time, but I had to settle for a 1:04:00 time. It's still my best time. That last hill got to me, and I had to walk it.
Sunday will be a definite rest day.

Hope everyone has and had a great week!!
happy.gif

I'll check in early, too!

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-00 AT 09:48PM (EST)</font></center>

I'm so proud of myself-- I have finished another full week of working out.

Monday: Step and Intervals
Tuesday: Kickbox
Wednesday: Belly dance tape (okay, so it was almost like a rest day, but I needed it!)
Thursday: 10-10-10
Friday: Power Circuit
Today: All-Step (I switched Power Circuit so I wouldn't do it right before Meaner Legs. I actually got through all of the power moves, including the 15s!! The only move I modified was that turn after the rock step, because I tend to trip over my step when I try that.)
Tomorrow: Meaner Legs. I like this one a lot!

So far, I've lost three pounds and my endurance is really improving. I have a lot of weight to lose and a lot of endurance to build up, and I'm seeing some great changes already. Plus, these tapes are really fun and I can always make time for them. Six more weeks to go on my CTX rotation!

Elizabeth, could you alternate arms with your side-laterals? (I have the opposite problem, I can't do as many of the straight-arm side laterals because of my shoulder.)

Val, congratulations on your new time!

Congrats Val!

How exciting! Your best time too!
happy.gif
I'm sure that last hill looked like a mountain. I think your time was great. From what I'm hearing about all these new tapes, I'm surprised you had the energy to run a 10K. Again, congratulations, I knew you'd do great.

DebbieH

For me a good week

An almost total CTX week with one day of run/walk thrown in so I don't loose my advancements in that area. Those little tapes kick butt, so 6 days of this was tough of me. I may have to go to a 4 or 3 day on, 1 day off schedule starting next week. I posted a recipe by itself so as not to take up too much room in this thread. It's cookies this week, something I bake when the freezer starts to get too full.

Sat: Power Circuit with back
Sun: 10-10-10- with triceps
Mon: Step & Intervals with chest
Tues: Leaner Meaner legs (is this a killer or what?!)
Wed: Kickbox & Biceps (my biceps were still sore yesterday!)
Thurs: Run/walk
Friday: Rest

My work out weeks run Saturday to Friday.

Have a good week, all you forumites!
happy.gif

A Great Week of Workouts!

I am so psyched that I worked out everyday this week! Last week, I was down about not working out because of that nasty cold I had...but I believe I more than made up for it this week!

Monday: PS Chest Only GHAS Shoulders/Triceps

Tuesday: CXT Power Circuit - Back

Wednesday: CTX Kickbox - Biceps

Thursday: Stepfit (oldie but a goodie)

Friday: Leaner Legs (My God, I did a lighter weight than usual and that was TOUGH! I'm planning to up my weight to my usual 35-lb barbell but have no idea if I'll be able to last with those low-end squats!)

Saturday: CTX Kickbox Biceps added on Tricep work. THEN went on a 2 hour hike with my husband and our two dogs. Trust me, I slept verrry well last night.

Sunday: I'm making today my rest day. Between Leaner Legs on Friday (which I'm still sore from) and that hike yesterday, I am BEAT!

Have a good week everyone!

WAAH! I want...

...my DVDs
sad.gif
The new 8 pack sounds SO AWESOME!!!! Hopefully it'll be soon-you guys are KILLING ME!!! Congrats on the race Val-that's kinda mean to put a hill at the end-I'd be walking too
wink.gif
Gonna do the Race for the Cure in Omaha on 10/1/00, but it's with about 20 family members, so I think we're "bonding" and walking together. Who knows-might just let the spirit take me and take off
happy.gif

Rather crappy week, was sick for most of the week, something about breathing while working out, kinda makes things a little easier!
Sunday-rest (SLA and Powermax the Sat before)
Monday-Mindy's 2K02-last day of feeling at least decent...had planned on doing BBA but just didn't feel good-kinda fatigued.
Tuesday-couldn't breathe/head felt like it was coming off
Wed-thought it was slightly better but sore throat-couldn't swallow
Thurs-fell asleep on cough at 7:30 pm
sad.gif
Not like me at all
Friday-called in sick-didn't want to give it to any of my patients. Slept 8 more hours through the day and the antibiotics kicked in. Did Firm V3 that night
Sat-marathon pie making session (parish dinner today) and HLH, still not up to anything as intense as Cathe
Today, though, I've got plans for today! SLA and Step works
Hope everyone has a great week!
impatient in iowa
julie
happy.gif
wink.gif
happy.gif

checking in

Hi everyone! Here's my slightly-altered-rotation week:
Sunday: PS BBA and Leaner Legs (first time substituting LL for SLA, plus I had my barbell for the first time--what a killer leg workout!!)

Monday: CTX Kickbox section 1 of PowerMax (this was supposed to be a rest day, but i had skipped cardio the day before, and was feeling very energetic--maybe i should stop playing around with my rotation and just stick to the schedule!!)

Tuesday: PS CST

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: All Step cardio
Stepworks section 2 (ithink!)
Powermax section 2
abs from All Step
stretch

Friday: Unplanned rest (boyfriend back from another week away, and I had to get him at the airport because of his car still being worked on from last weeks disaster!)

Saturday: 2 1/2 hour hike in Sedona
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Sunday: PS BBA and SLA (here I am messing around again, making up for unplanned rest days--I want to make sure I do everything from my rotation, but it's not ending up on the right day!!)

have another great week, all of you
happy.gif

check-in

Hi everyone,

Here's my week:

Monday--CTX All Step
Tuesday--CTX 10 10 10 leaner legs (I couldn't get through this whole tape, my legs weren't up to the challenge
happy.gif
)
Wednesday--PS BBA ab section only
Thursday--day 4 of 5 day abs
Friday--first 30 minutes of Circuit Max and Happy Hour abs.

I hope everyone has a great week
happy.gif

Laura

Happy Sunday Everyone!

This was a different w/o week for me as I prepared to start a new Hi/Lo session this past Monday. Between working on our new condo and practicing my new routines, there wasn't a whole lot of time left for Step tapes. I'm anxious to get my DVD's to shake up my routine. Seems like mid-life "thickness-in-the-middle" is settling in even though I haven't changed my eating or w/o schedule. I need something to trick this metabolism of mine, plus I DO NEED to clean up my diet a bit!! Here's my week:

Monday~Taught a Hi/Lo class with light toning and ABS, CS&T in the P.M.

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo class with light toning & ABS, BB&A's in the P.M.

Wednesday~Practiced routines, SL&A later in the day (love this tape!)

Thursday~Taught 2 Hi/Lo classes, with ABS & light toning

Friday~MIS, Hi/Lo section of MIC (Whew-what a combo!!)

Saturday~CardioKicks! (HB says to keep this tape & CircuitMax awhile more while she tackles the CTX-Tapes. I won't argue with her! Thanks HB, I'm really enjoying using these tapes while I await my DVD's!!)Had a great lunch and afternoon out with HoneyBunch. We went to Medina and did some shopping and of course I didn't leave there til I had some of her famous chocolate goodies in hand. BTW, if you missed it she posted a thread somewhere below with the recipe for some great Chocolate Mocha cookies!

Sunday! REST!! (Other then lots of walking through Malls & furniture stores trying to find a new mattress.) Boy, am I ever sore from CardioKicks yesterday. Whew, it sure gets the Butt-cheeks and the chest! I feel it when I breathe! Have a great week everyone. I'm looking forward to the new forum. Don't know how they can improve on what we have already here. It is so user-friendly already! "See" ya' all around.
happy.gif

DebbieH

Checking in

Hi everyone. Looks like everyone had great workout weeks!

I'm continuing on mainly working out with the new Cathe's...and completely loving them!! Again, I have been doing the tapes "as is" in their entirety, not mixing and matching at this point.

My week looked like this:

Monday - Circuit Max
Tuesday - (had an energy surge so...) did Cardio Kicks in AM; Power Circuit and standing portion of PS SLA in PM
Wednesday - Step & Intervals in AM; floor portion & abs from PS SLA in PM
Thursday - CTX Kickbox
Friday - 10-10-10
Saturday - All Step and Leaner Legs (I definitely agree with all of you who've said that the static lunges are killer...especially that second set...as Cathe says, "that one nearly took my breath away!")
Sunday (today) - I plan on doing Interval Max or maybe Cardio Kicks again.

Gotta go work out...have a great week everyone!
Lisa
happy.gif

didn't you bake?

I love Sedona. My grandfather lived nearby in Jerome, before it became a little touristy. But wasn't it hot for hiking? Southern Cal is baking which usually means Arizona is melting.

It's so darn hot here!

Have to run a/c to survive any workouts & outdoor workouts are like working out in a sauna.

Monday: Trot 30 minutes (at dawn); PS BB&A
Tuesday: Pilates mat class; PS legs
Wednesday: PS CS&T; spinning: abs
Thursday: Pilates mat class & rest

Friday: the yard workout! followed by Firm Tough Tape II (because Thurs was an aggrevating day & I needed something familiar that wouldn't kill me); Spin

Saturday: Cardio Kicks (I feel this in a lot of places but especially high on the hamstrings)

Sunday: Rode a flat 47 miles (& drained 3 water bottles); Planning on Millenium Stretch

Have a great week everyone!
Debra

Ohhh! I wish it was hot

I shouldn't complain Debra....fall is beautiful in New England, but I miss that heat already!

Hi everyone
happy.gif

Diving right in:

Monday-Cardio CTX 101010 & Kickbox

Tuesday-Cardio CTX Power Circuit, Strength CTX Back and Bis...abs from Back

Wednesday-Strength CTX Chest, Shoulder and Tris

Thursday- Cardio KB class (first class back after being down with that darn cold...should have stayed home and did Cardio Kicks...instructors were sick and no regulars to motivate me!
sad.gif
)...Strength was Leaner Legs
happy.gif
...love/hate that tape...working on those dang static lunges!

Friday-Cardio CTX Step&Intervals...love love love that last interval step combo with that scoop and the power jump/hops...love it! Strength CTX Bis and Tris..abs from Bis...with those darn reverse planks..workin' on those too
wink.gif

Saturday-Cardio KB Class...getting unmotivated to go to class...my videos were like bad childern screaming for me not to leave them! I almost listened
wink.gif

Sunday-Cardio Power Circuit, Strength CTX Back and Leaner Legs....hehehe..I actually had casual plans to go out later today and take in a little step n go action or a bike ride..nope...napped instead
wink.gif

I kept struggling to find some kind of structured routine with these CTX and I think going with the flow is working the best. I will group parts together according to recovery from last workouts and what I am motivated and up to. I think that will work the best for me. Plus I see that I am mixing and matching parts and I like that too. I find if I continually match Tris with Chest..they don't get a complete workout for me..but alternating with something else give them more focus.
I do plan on sticking with CTX for a while..I was going to mix in PS but have reconsidered..I like how CTX is feeling..and looking.

Anyone interested in Pictures of Me, Cleda and Germaine in Cape Cod..take a peek
wink.gif
...I'm the short one! http://www.hometown.aol.com/naconfer/cape.html

Have a great week and work it!!!
happy.gif

nancy:O)

Personal Best!

Can't complain about that Val! Congrats
happy.gif

Jen

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-17-00 AT 09:03PM (EST)</font></center>

Congrats on your progress...I am seeing more and more comments on results with CTX. You guys are making me stick with it
wink.gif

Not so great week

Great pictures Nancy! Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy putting faces with the names.

I am definitely going to have to suck it up and join the 4:30 a.m. exercisers if I want to get any kind of consistent exercise routine going. Evening exercising is just not working for me; life keeps getting in the way. I'm not horribly unhappy with my week though because a month or two ago, I wouldn't have done anything as bad as my week was, so I am making progress.

Mon - nothing
Tues - nothing
Wed - a.m. Power Yoga for Beginners
Thurs - nothing
Fri - 4:30 a.m. - Firm Basics Sculpting w/ Wts
Sat - CTX Kickbox
Sun - nothing

Have a great week everyone!

Recipe looks great!

HB..I love anything you add coffee to. Not a coffee drinker...but love those bake goods with it. And yes...Meaner Legs is a killer!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.