dvd vs. vhs

feebs21

i was thinking of purchasing one of cathe's dvds, but it seems a lot cheaper to get videos because of the quantity discounts. am i missing something or is this the case? the s+h on the videos seems a lot cheaper too. i know many of the dvds come with two or more workouts, but it still seems cheaper to purchase the two or three videos with the discounts. help!

If you like to mix and match your workouts (see Cathe's recently posted June Muscular Strength Rotation) then DVDs are the way to go. It makes finding the section you need a snap, without all that fast forwarding and rewinding. Once you use the DVDs the videos seem very cumbersome indeed! Plus, DVDs don't take up as much space as video tapes. And all that is worth the extra $$ to me. :)

You just can't compare the two. With DVD's you can skip to the next exercise or chapter whenever you want, its faster to move around, you can mix and match from different workouts, you can change the order of the current workout easily.

DVD's don't wear out like VHS ones do, and the quality is much better.

I don't see why anyone would buy VHS, unless they didn't have a DVD player and couldn't afford one (which I can understand).

If you have the choice, definitely go DVD.

IMHO,

Jodi

DVD's give you so much more workout options. Are you buying the Body Blast series? If you are and can afford a DVD player I think buying DVD's for this upcoming series alone is enough of a reason to get a DVD player. It sounds like the options will be almost endless! You really do get more workouts on DVD's. It seems cheaper to buy videos because of the discount, but when you take the workout options and the lifetime guarantee into account the DVD's are the better deal. Just my thoughts! Good luck in your decision!
Angela
:p

Another reason I like DVD's better is. If you don't like the work out, it is alot easier to sale a DVD on the swap. It seems that vhs's are getting harder and harder to sale.
I just recently sold all/most of my vhs's(it took 2 months to sell them) and bought the 23 pack. I could not be happier.
For what it's worth, Cathe's sold the fastest!}(

I thought I was the type that just liked to do the whole workout, no mixing or matching. Like, who has time for that? Now, I think it is so much fun. There is no boredom this way and you can work around injuries easier with the use of DVD's, because of the many ways you can make your own workouts.

Just wanted to chime in here on the VHS vs DVD question. I just recently purchased the Intensity Series on VHS. The only reason I went with VHS is because I was new to Cathe videos and I wasn't sure I would like them and in case it was a bust I wouldn't be out as much money. But needless to say I LOVE the workouts and I can definitely see that having them in DVD format would be a huge advantage. Next time I'll spend the extra cash and go DVD.

Have fun!

Coletta

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.