DVD Format..did it change for Ice?

ChelePA

Cathlete
Just got my Rockm Sockm DVD...it won't play in my Xbox like all the others. Did anything change with this new series?

It's the same Xbox 360 I have always used. I have tried all my Cathe videos and they work. This one will not read on it. Any suggestions?

I use XBox 360 for all of my Cathe (& other) dvds as well. I probably won't get my ICE set till the 27th here in Canada though, so can't offer any possible insight as of yet for you. Hope someone else with an XBox can chime in here. I do not even own a regular dvd player.
Is it just Rock em Sock em that doesn't read properly?

It's the same Xbox 360 I have always used. I have tried all my Cathe videos and they work. This one will not read on it. Any suggestions?
I would suggest trying to clean the disc and see if that fixes the issue. If not I would try on another player and see if the DVD works. This will tell you if the problem is with the disc or the player.

My Rockm Sockm DVD didn't play in my DVD player and the other ones seem to be fine. It plays fine on my computer.

I use XBOX 360 for all my DVDs - so far I have not had any issues with the ICE ones. There are 2 discs I have not tried yet - one being the Rockm Sockm. I won't be home til later tonight, but I will try and let you know.

This is interesting. The RockmSockm DVD did start in my DVD player, but each time I viewed an option (Ex. Premixes) and then tried to return to the main menu, it froze. Stop, play, fast-forward, eject...nothing worked and I had to shut off the player. This happened 3 times.
I tried the Low Impact one after that and it seemed to be ok. I'll try Rockm again (when I have the time - Merry X-mas ;-) ) and will test them all before contacting Customer Service about it. After reading this, I wonder if anyone else is having the same issue?

Kel

Bootcamp wouldn't play in my SONY DVD player. Metabolic total body played, but froze when it got to the stretch. My Dvd player is quite old and I googled the error code I was getting (C13:00) and ran a diagnostic on it...I tested both bootcamp and metabolic TB and both played...hopefully the problem is fixed.

Sadly, I think my DVD is going back. It's the only one I purchased from this series. And it still won't play. All my other Cathe dvds play with no problems. I only have an Xbox to use in my exercise room.

Sadly, I think my DVD is going back. It's the only one I purchased from this series. And it still won't play. All my other Cathe dvds play with no problems. I only have an Xbox to use in my exercise room.
Please try the DVD on another player. The only way to tell if a DVD is good or bad is to test the DVD on another player. The DVD can certainly be at fault, but a dirty player lens or player laser that is starting to die can be the cause of your problem. The ability to play other DVDs doesn't mean the new DVD that wont play is bad, it only means you can currently play those other DVDs. When a player laser starts to die it will be able to play most DVDs....then some DVDs and then no DVDs. So always good to test on another player to make sure the issue is not the player. Then contact customer service for assistance. They will be glad to help you further.

Just tried playing Chiseled Upper Body and Metabolic Total Body. I am unable to do anything past the title menu, I can't move or up down in the list or select an option. I have an older Samsung DVD/VHS combo that plays everything else fine.

Hard to say on a player that old, but it could be you're just not seeing the arrow as it moves when you press the down or up arrow. I'm guessing by the age of your player that you're watching in 4:3 aspect ratio instead of the modern HD 16:9 ratio and this means you may be chopping off the menu so you don't see the arrow as it moves to select the menu item.

I was having a similar problem and I also have an old Sony DVD player. Two discs wouldn't load/play at all (Bootcamp and Metabolic Total Body). Both discs got past the first two warning screens and then just locked up. Low Impact Sweat played, but not all the way through. The other four seemed like they would play just find. After reading the forum, I decided to test the ones that wouldn't play on our newer DVD player, and lo and behold, all of them played great. So, time for a new DVD for the basement.

I haven't had any problems playing any of the DVDs, but I'm finding the video quality to not be as good as on prior series. The images look blurrier, and a bit pixilated. The downloads look good, however--clear and smooth.

Hard to say on a player that old, but it could be you're just not seeing the arrow as it moves when you press the down or up arrow. I'm guessing by the age of your player that you're watching in 4:3 aspect ratio instead of the modern HD 16:9 ratio and this means you may be chopping off the menu so you don't see the arrow as it moves to select the menu item.
Thanks for the response. I've tried the following with no luck:
  • Cleaned the DVD lens
  • Confirmed that both the TV and DVD player are HDMI compatible and are playing/displaying in 16:9 aspect ratio.
The full menu displays fine on screen. When I reload the title menu the arrow pops up for a brief second then disappears. I am unable to move past the title menu on any of the DVDs.

If you're having a problem with all of the DVDs, it means something is wrong with the player. I think if you test on a different player you will find they all will play just fine.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.