Dumbbell weights

Lee Jones

Cathlete
I know there are a million questions regarding STS and the more I read, the more I'm not sure if STS is for me. I love Cathe's other weight programs, but the most I ever use is up to 12 lbs. I have one 15 lb for one arm rows.

My question is....if I get STS, am I going to have to purchase higher weights? I read that someone was using 30+ lbs of db weights and heck, I don't even know if I could carry those out of the store! Maybe I'm just weak...but anyway, this is all starting to scare me.

Tell me it's not as bad as it sounds....

Laura :)

You could try to take some of the 1RM tests to get a feel for what you may need. Chances are you'll at least need the match to the 15 pound weight.

Maybe put together a list of 1RM that would give you a good feel, like pick 2 or 3 for each muscle (bi, tri, ham strings, quad, back, shoulders, etc) and do a 1 day pass at a gym near by to get your accurate weights, the max we'll go up to in STS is 85-90% of your 1RM in Meso 3. Depending on your strength, you may be good with just buying the #15 pound match and a set of 20's. I've also been using wrist weights to account for the smaller weight increases, they are especially helpful to fill the gap between 15 and 20.

HTH

Eportsonline.com has free shipping (and reasonable prices) on most of their dbs(eta: apparently orders over $50). They also have the erogonomic handle (curved), which I like.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.