Dumb Pool Question

Liann

Cathlete
For any of you women who have been pregnant during the summer, is there a certain degree of water you aren't supposed to swim in with a bun in the oven? My pool needs to be vacuumed like there is no tomorrow (and I have to actually get in to do it), but I'm wondering if the temp isn't safe for the baby? It's probably around 72 right now. It might get up higher than that in the next few days since we have been experiencing high 80's low 90's all of a sudden. Anyways, anyone know if that's ok?

No question is dumb!:p Especially comin' from a pregnant woman!:D

I had asked my midwife about this when I was pregnant with Julia. She said that YOU would be uncomfortable before it was a danger to your baby. So basically, as long as YOU don't feel overheated Baby will be just fine! Happy Pooling! :D

Thanks! The water was actually up to 80 by the time I got home yesterday, so I went ahead and got in. Felt great! ;) I was more worried the water would be too cold for the baby, but it was nice and warm last night. Now if only those pesky bats would have left me alone...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.