Dumb Exercise Ball Question

peytonsmommy

Cathlete
I need to get a new exercise ball and was looking at the ones Cathe has. I'm 5'1"-ish (SO close to 5'1" that I claim it lol) so I always get a 55cm ball. I'm just in love w/ the green color that Cathe has in the 65cm ball though. What difference does that extra 10cm make? Is it that big of a deal? Can I just under inflate the ball a bit? I don't want to make any exercises harder/easier than they would be w/ the correct ball just because I have an unhealthy obession w/ the color green. :eek: TIA!

There are recommendations for stability ball size based on height. But they are just guidelines. I am 5'6" and I have a 65cm and a 55cm. I have to tell you that the 55cm one is much easier for me to use for most exercises. The 65 cm is just too big. You may be different though.

I've always used a 65cm ball and I'm only 5'3. The 55cm just felt way too small. Like the OP, though, I wanted Cathe's new ball in the pink (which only comes in the 55cm size)--god forbid I got another color--I just HAD to have the pink. :rolleyes: So I went ahead and bought it and I love having the two different sizes now! For upper body work where you sit on the ball, I prefer to use the 65cm ball (with the 55cm ball I feel like I'm basically sitting on the floor since it's so small) but for floor work and/or ab work, I LOVE having the smaller, 55cm ball--it makes lower body and ab exercises seem much less awkward.

I debated whether or not I was going to return the pink 55cm ball but decided not to since I like it so much for different exercises.

Just my opinion....:)

I love having the two different sizes now!

QUOTE]

Great idea Allison! I would love to have 2 different sizes but no room to store them both. I would like one in every color!!! :rolleyes:

I recently added more air into my ball & WOW what a difference it made. I felt like I had been slacking for so long with it all mushy. IMO the ball should be inflated as it is meant to be, not underinflated. Just my thought.[/I]

So what you're saying is I should indulge in my green obsession and get the bigger ball AND buy the red one for the exercises I need a smaller ball for?? :) Dh will LOVE that but hey, it sounds like a good plan to me!! ;)

I'm 5'2" and have a 65 cm ball. I'm actually considering buying the smaller one because there's exercises that I can't do on the larger ball because it's too big for me. Any of the rear dealt work where your belly is on the ball I can't do, no can I do preacher curls on it for the same reason.

Just my thoughts. It's fine for ab work and anything laying on my back. But if we're using it as any kind of belly support for an exercise, I'm too short for that size of a ball.

Great...now I want a new 55cm (just so I can have pink!...I have purple now..how pretty would they be together?? lol) and a 65 cm to try out for certain excercises.......*sigh*..... I guess 3 is better than 2 and 1...:eek:

I'm going to get a green one and a pink one. Just because I love the green one (seen it in person and I've been rather obsessed since) and I think the pink one would be cute with it. :)

I should figure out what I'm going to do with my current purple one first, though. Hmm. :cool: And for the record it's much more gray than purple and it's 3+ years old and I'm still bummed about that description. :p

Oh, I'm 5'2".

Okay here's a different question, how about using a ball that's too small for you? My dh is 6'4" so technically he needs a 75cm ball. BUT since he's losing weight w/ me I COULD order the green 65cm one "for him" and the red 55cm one "for me". ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.