DRILL MAX REVIEW (NEW)

RWattier

Cathlete
I just did Drill Max last night -

This one is going down in my history book as "All Around WINNER"

Terrific Workout! I loved the functional aspect of it - the cardio factor was kicking through almost the entire workout -

The choreography was simple enough that I caught on the FIRST time :) The drills were fun and intense - - my upper/lower/abs felt worked out when I was done - - TOTAL WINNER!

Hello Stability Ball cardio segment!!! I thought 'hmph this one is going to be easy ' and THEN.......I couldn't feel my arms anymore as I tried to get the ball above my head while running in place - HELLO!!!

not to mention.......IT WAS FUN!!! The tricep dips on the ball were awesome bc you have to use your core and try to balance and try to dip - very very difficult and something to work for!! and how about those bomb diver pushups }( }( }(

I give this workout an overall TEN RATING!!! On a scale of overall intensity -probably 8.5 or 9 - its as tough as you make it - if you get low on all the squats and wall pushups - your legs will be SHAKING which makes the cardio segments harder & you WILL sweat!!!! On a choreography difficulty scale - maybe a 3 :) The moves are very easy to pick up and are totally intense!!!

I can see myself using this one over and over bc it would be VERY easy to up the weight when it gets too easy or increase a step height..........:9

Reba,

Thanks for the excellent review. Reading the Drill Max DVD description on the website makes it seem like this workout is so hard! But your review now makes me excited to try this DVD.

I can't wait. I'm getting my DVDs today so I'm going to preview everything tonight and get started tomorrow on the DVDs.

Yipee!!!

Eileen

Reba,

I know what you mean about the stability ball cardio section. When Cathe said that we were going to do the whole section over again. I said out loud but to myself, "You are kidding, right?"

Well, ofcourse, she did do it all over again. This is one awesome workout. It is one that you cannot tell how hard it is until you actually do it. Previewing makes it look easier than it is! IMHO

Cheryl

I have to agree with you Reba. This workout is FANTASTIC. I will be pulling this one out alot.

The stability ball cardio was a slap in the hinney. The ball forced my legs farther apart so my inner thighs and butt were crying.

I really enjoyed the new moves and the new twists on some old moves. I thought the intensity was perfect. It was challenging without killing me.

For those who like functional fitness workouts, I think you will be pleased with this one.

Lisa:)

I just did the DM Total Body premix after running and all I can say is WOW! I LOVED IT! I still have to do the work out in full-the premix I did omitted the cardio segments-but I can tell it's going to be a favorite! I never even looked at the time until I was half way through!!! That's always a sign of a good work out!

Cathe, you rock! You have outdone yourself! AWESOME!!!!!

I just finished it... and I loved, loved, loved this workout. The drills were fun, and I love how the cardio intensity ebbed and flowed, and all the ballwork was challenging and innovative. I, too, will be pulling this one out alot.

I did have to modify for the "diver" pushups, as doing pushups is my weakest area, as well as the last exercise when you do the pushups on the weights. This one is definitely a winner.

Your great review has got me psyced to try this one. I did cardio fusion this morning and I loved the Drill Max segment. I can tell these workouts will give great results.

I agree, this one is a total winner. It is exactly what I had hoped it would be when the title was announced before the pre-sale.

Challenging, but you're not annihilated at the end. And that ball stuff...I am like you in thinking, "oh, no problem" and then it really does kick in. This is a workout that can get harder and harder if you don't cheat. I actually liked the divebombers, because I have done those a bit and they are easier on my "bad" wrists for some reason. But those planks with the weights liked to hurt me, so I will be working on those for sure.

Wall squats! One of my favorites that requires a lot of focus. I credit those type of exercises for giving me the bit of definition I am finally seeing in my legs.

Next time I do this one I aim to be a little more fresh. I had done High Step Challenge the day before and really pushed it with the weight, so my muscles were kinda toasted.

Julie

Well,
I loved it. I will love it even more once I learn the workout and know when to get my step out of the way. My form needs a lot of work for the Dive Bomber Pushups and for the fast pace of the push up planks at the very end of the workout. I LOVED the use of the ball for the third cardio section and was surprised that this section got my heart rate up more than the other cardio sections. I liked that the cardio got my heart rate up but it didn't shoot up way high. I liked the slow squat thrusts in the lower body segment of cycle 6. I really liked the cardio/lower body/thutt burn of the cardio in cycle 1. I liked the quick change from one thing to the next. Parts of this were very challenging like the Dive Bomber Push ups, but I didn't find this as difficult as Boot Camp, which is good for me...no dread factor at all. I felt my heart rate was more steady state and with BC it goes from way high (and stays up there if I do the Everything But Core premix) to way low (if I do the workout as is). I will be curious to see how I do with Cathe's other weight/cardio "circuit" workouts after doing the Novebmer rotation. After this, I hope to come up with a rotation using the premixes from the new series and workouts from another instructor I like.
Angela:7

I just did this for the first time and thought it was awesome! I had a little accident on the tricep ball dips, though - my ball got away from me and I fell right onto my bum - ouch! Had to anchor my ball against the armchair in the end.

I think this is one that I'll encourage my DH to try!}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.