Dream body cardio

Can you tell me what kind of results you have gotten with dream body? I lost about 15 post pregnancy pounds this spring hut I have recently gained back about 5. Not sure why as I continue to workout and eat clean and count calories. My goal is to really lean out. I also just purchased horizontal consitioning. Hoping these two together can help me reach my goal!

I didn't have great results with any of the Dream Body DVD's/sets. I like a few disks from each set but I found them to be frantic. I wasn't able to do the workouts with good form. I felt like I was spending to much time trying to figure out what the heck they were doing.

Now I do love a few of the DVD's and do them alot. But they don't necessarily do anything that other DVD's don't do. I think it just comes down to doing something everyday, being consistent and eating well 90% of the time.

Good luck!

I have been doing the Dreambody workouts, (I have both series, the Original workout, and Bump) since January, about 2 or 3 times a week. I try to do one every other day and in between I do Cathe, Horizontal Conditioning, Michelle Dozois or whatever I feel like doing! My thighs and whole core have never been so lean. The scale really hasn't moved and I'm OK with that(don't need to lose, just firm) but my thighs, hips, and waist have never been slimmer.
It did not happen quickly. But over time, I kept doing the workouts because I enjoy the challenge of them. They make me sweat like nothing else. I'm also a cardio junkie and these are very cardio intensive for me. I also highly recommend the Mixxtreme workouts. I count these as Dreambody workout days because they are just as challenging. There hasn't been much talk of these but I am loving these as much as the Dreambody workouts. Try these, have fun & Good Luck!

I have been doing the Dreambody workouts, (I have both series, the Original workout, and Bump) since January, about 2 or 3 times a week. I try to do one every other day and in between I do Cathe, Horizontal Conditioning, Michelle Dozois or whatever I feel like doing! My thighs and whole core have never been so lean. The scale really hasn't moved and I'm OK with that(don't need to lose, just firm) but my thighs, hips, and waist have never been slimmer.
It did not happen quickly. But over time, I kept doing the workouts because I enjoy the challenge of them. They make me sweat like nothing else. I'm also a cardio junkie and these are very cardio intensive for me. I also highly recommend the Mixxtreme workouts. I count these as Dreambody workout days because they are just as challenging. There hasn't been much talk of these but I am loving these as much as the Dreambody workouts. Try these, have fun & Good Luck!

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. I have doen so many programs to help me get into shape (Insanity, Turbo Fire, P90X, Cathe) but lately nothing is getting me the results I want. Wondering if trying something different life Dream Body will help get me there! Thanks for responding!

I can't speak of results as i'm where I need to be but I must say that DB Cardio is among the hardest workouts I own. They slay me every time. I find them harder then Cathe. I do them 2-3 times per week. I will say that the more you do them, the better you are at them and they don't feel as frantic. Go at your own pace and follow the modifier initially. They are unlike any other workout I have ever done.

What would you compare them to in a Cathe workout? Afterburn or the new X77 maybe?

They are really nothing like Cathe. THey are hour long fusion type workouts. First half hour is cardio, usually tabata style. The second half hour is toning. But they use very light weights at high reps. This is new to me as I am used to using heavier weights. I am ready to try something new in an effort to create a leaner body. Combining Dream Body with Horizontal Conditioning as well as a day of Cathe metabolic workouts.

I just wanted to mention that someone on VF mentioned using VLC (a free video player) for the computer or a DVD player (with that option) to slow these down to 85% speed. I tried one today (Fusion Mix with Darby) this way and it was PERFECT. I didn't feel rushed (no speed talking or super fast pace) and got in a great workout!!:eek: The only thing bad is that it took 14-15min longer because it was being played slower, but I knew that and planned accordingly.

That's how I do them! My sony dvd player has a slow play option and I play them at 80 or 90% speed. I can understand their cueing a lot better and actually complete the moves with them! But it doesn't make it easier-because you are doing those intense intervals LONGER. I do these now on my High Intensity Interval training days because they are more fun than just plyometrics and they are mostly low impact.
Beth

I can understand their cueing a lot better and actually complete the moves with them! But it doesn't make it easier-because you are doing those intense intervals LONGER.

Exactly, even though it's slower I still have to take 'many breaks':) Cathe is my favorite instructor but these are great challenging workouts for me to throw in the mix too.

Dang! When I do slower motion with my DVD player I don't have any sound. There is a slow motion button on the remote. Is there another place I need to look? Where in the settings did you find where to set the speed? I would love to slow these down.

I use the button on my remote. But I've only seen it work on my Sony DVD player. On my Toshiba, I don't have sound if I adjust the playback speed.
Beth

What would you compare them to in a Cathe workout? Afterburn or the new X77 maybe?

These remind me a lot of Slim Series except updated with a fusion mix of pilates/barre/body weight exercises. I think of them as light muscle conditioning, not quite cardio, not quite strength. There is a lot of fluid up and down movement which feels good. They could have been a great set for people like me who don't like barre workouts but the production failed miserably. I rented them from Kineticflix and decided not to buy.

I think they were filmed at normal speed and then sped up to get the workout into the correct time frame. This makes the presentation anxious and their voices harsh and unpleasant. They work better at slower speeds as so many people discovered. What really killed them for me is the fact that the instructors can't perform all the moves/reps with good form. I follow visual cues and these were painful to watch. They also couldn't shut up, talked non-stop and said absolutely nothing.

I think these work well for people who need the Tracy Anderson approach to fitness (people who gain muscle easily). What I took from them is a list of moves that I add to some workouts. I do them on my own, 3 sets of about 50 reps).

Any updates to people who have been doing this for a while. I have been lifting heavy but not getting the results I want. I want to be lean! Hoping Dream Body could slim me down. Been considering revisiting Dream Body which I have not done in a long time!

I tried these again last week and couldn't get into them so I put the set up for sale on ebay. Just not for me.
Elena

I have the original DB series and they are hard! Yes, they are frantic and not very fun and the constant jabbering of the instructors does get annoying. However, they do kick my butt if I am brave enough to drag one out of the case and push play. I have a feeling these are going to be a lot like my Insanity DVD's. I have them b/c I know they are challenging, but I hardly ever reach for them.....unless I force myself to put them in a rotation. If I just wing it without a rotation and just grab a DVD, I will never just reach for these.:confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.