Download Use Question

Gobias

Cathlete
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased my first set of downloads (due to the great deal on the upcoming bundle), however I am technologically challenged and don't know what I am doing. I have always used DVDs and bought the downloads because I travel so much that I am sick of packing the DVDs with me.

My question is do I have to play the downloads over the internet, or are they first downloaded onto my device and I can play them whenever (hence the word "Download"....)

Also, can I change devices? Sometimes I would like to play the download on my computer and sometimes on my tablet and sometimes on my phone - can I move them from device to device or would I have to purchase THREE downloads?

And finally, is the menu system for the downloads the same as for the DVDs? Meaning easy to use and can scroll through the premixes, challenges, chapters, and bonuses easy and fast. I thought I remember reading a few years ago the menu system for downloads was different.

Thanks in advance. Yes, I know I should understand downloads and technology, but I really am challenged in that area and keep the I.T. people at work very very busy.

My question is do I have to play the downloads over the internet, or are they first downloaded onto my device and I can play them whenever (hence the word "Download"....)

Once they are downloaded, you don't need the internet at all.

Also, can I change devices? Sometimes I would like to play the download on my computer and sometimes on my tablet and sometimes on my phone - can I move them from device to device or would I have to purchase THREE downloads?

SNM gives you three clicks on each download link. You can download to each device this way or you can download the files to one device and then copy the files to the other devices (this way is MUCH faster but if you aren't very computer savvy, downloading them multiple times might be easier to understand).

And finally, is the menu system for the downloads the same as for the DVDs? Meaning easy to use and can scroll through the premixes, challenges, chapters, and bonuses easy and fast. I thought I remember reading a few years ago the menu system for downloads was different.

There is no menu selection for the downloads and they are no premixes. You can build the premixes using the workout blender. I think this is the main complaint about the downloads. The bonus workouts in my experience (and so far, that's only been XTrain) are a separate download.

HTH!

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased my first set of downloads (due to the great deal on the upcoming bundle), however I am technologically challenged and don't know what I am doing. I have always used DVDs and bought the downloads because I travel so much that I am sick of packing the DVDs with me.

Thanks in advance. Yes, I know I should understand downloads and technology, but I really am challenged in that area and keep the I.T. people at work very very busy.

The easiest thing to do is download once to your computer. Save the files to a specific folder. Then move them to iTunes. From there you can move them to any device. I swap them to my phone or iPad depending on how much room I have . Chris

The downloads take a long time. I would just download once to your main computer. From there you can copy the file to itunes, if you have all apple stuff. Otherwise what I do is put it in my Dropbox so I can play it anywhere on any device. Or download it from dropbox onto any device. They are really big files though-about 1 GB. I've only purchased short things like Pilates Ab Circuits and STS EXtended STretch that I like to do while travelling. They take forever to download even with super high speed internet. And I would miss the premixes, bonuses and easy chapter skipping, menus etc with the DVDs. So I'm sticking with DVDs for the most part.
The other thing I"m starting to do is just recording the audio by putting my smartphone on voice recorder near the TV speaker for workouts where I don't need a visual, like Yoga Relax. Its an easy way to take Cathe workouts with you also.
Beth

I only have DVDs so was wondering if there is a way to copy a DVD to iTunes? I have a program called Roxie where I can copy CD's -- keep original at home and use copy 4 car.

I only have DVDs so was wondering if there is a way to copy a DVD to iTunes? I have a program called Roxie where I can copy CD's -- keep original at home and use copy 4 car.

I think you need a dvd ripper type of software that is technically illegal although many people use it. It's not like cd's that you can easily and legally copy into iTunes

How do I put a download on my iPod? I have them on my pc and nook but would like to try Ride at the gym on a spin bike. Any idea??

Open iTunes to the video folder and drag and drop your download from the desktop into the folder. Very easy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.