DOMS During Pregnancy

Dawncharlie

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I'm expected my second child in July and lurk in and out of the forums (my first child is keeping me busy and away from the forums!). I do have a quick question.

Before this pregnancy, I was much more in shape (well obviously). I was on my second circuit of STS and almost able to finish Core Circuit Training in one pass (that one is tough!). Slowly, however, my workouts have decreased because I'm so tired after work and commuting and caring for my 17 mos old. But when I do workout now and lift weights, I get such terrible DOMs and soreness for the next few days that I can barely walk (not good when already uncomfortable in pregnancy). Has anyone else noticed increased DOMs when they lift? I'm thinking I need to greatly lessen the weights I'm using, but they are still nothing compared to what I used to do. I'm almost afraid to lift at all because I don't want to be pregnant AND sore the next few days. Anyone else get bad DOMs?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Dawn

Dawn - I'm no expert on this, but I do know you have to be a little carefull lifting towards the end of pregnancy because things (joints/ligaments) "loosen" up as you get farther along. I don't know if that is contributing to your soreness but it might be one of the reasons why you feel more sore now than you used to. You definitely don't want to be lifting too heavy.

Don't mean to hijack, but congratulations on your second baby, Dawn!

I was lurking on these forums when you were pregnant with your first. Aren't you in Maryland? I live in Anne Arundel County.

Meg

Don't mean to hijack, but congratulations on your second baby, Dawn!

I was lurking on these forums when you were pregnant with your first. Aren't you in Maryland? I live in Anne Arundel County.

Meg

Not to hijack the hijack, but you're from Anne Arundel??? I lived in Millersville all my life and actually went to AACS for 2 semesters. I'm in PA now, but only since I've been married.

My apologies to Dawn... Yes, Liann, I actually live in Odenton right now. I work on Ft. Meade. Small world! :)

Meg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.