Doing the checkin thang!

Hi everybody!! I'm bored out of my skull, so I thought I'd go ahead and checkin! Hubby is watching football and hockey-joy! Ok, enough complaining. Onto my week!!
MON: BodyMax, still my all time favorite!! TOUGH!
TUES: Step Works, only the first two sections. It was my first time doing this tape(thanks again, Kellie) and boy was I pooped! Rode bike to and from soccer practice.
WED: Tuaght Urban Rebounding and BodyPump back to back. I wasn't pooped that day, I was pumped!! Felt good to get back to my classes(Thanks for the encouraging words Kellie, Trish, and Judy!)
THURS: CIA9802 again first two sections boy that tape is long! Another first time tape for me.
FRI: CircutMax I love, love, LOOOVE this tape!
SAT; MIS, another favorite of mine. You know it's funny, but I was able to do BMax and MIS better since I've done CTX. Way to go Cathe!
SUN: Tomorrow I will do Cardio Kicks or rest. It's supposed to be my rest day, but who knows? If I feel up to it maybe I'll go ahead and do it, but modify to make it an easy workout day. What do you all think?
OK, have a great week(end) everyone!!!

Aimee

Check in-good week!

Hi all! Thanks for starting this Aimee! I've been up since 5:30am when my brother-in-law called me to say he was on his way home from up north with my son because my sister-in-law is in labor! This is their second child and she went into labor last time when he was up north too. (early both times!) She had a c-section last time, but is shooting for a natural birth now and doesn't want to get to the hospital too early so she's not confined to the bed. (makes the contractions seem so much worse when you can't move around) Her parents are over there with her, hopefully her hubby will make it home before they have to go to the hospital. Ok enough baby talk, onto the check in!

Not gonna break it down day-by-day since I did a CTX rotation this week. Just did them one at a time (no doubling up like you amazons, Aimee!) and had a blast! I started back on my good eating habits this week and I don't know if it was that or the one week of doing something other than CTX, but WOW! I had so much energy while doing these tapes and really worked them to their highest potential, so much fun! I plan on continuing to alternated CTX weeks with non-CTX weeks. The off weeks will consist of Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks, plus one other full body workout per week, with some old favorites thrown in! Have fun everyone!

Elizabeth Kelly :)

What I week I had...

....but not a good workout week. My last day on my old job was Friday, and I was a mess. I blubbered :':)':)'(all day, and even ate cake on a FRIDAY!!!! They had two chocolate cakes for me, and I ate it until it came out of my ears. That was supper....just cake, more cake and Sun Chips. Then I ate MORE Saturday. Two pig out days in a row, which I very rarely do. I feel like a slug....almost like I went on a two day drunk. I didn't work out yesterday, either, but I am REALLY ready to get back on track today. I'm tore between doing CM or BodyMax to start with a bang. I know they are both killers, and very intense.

My week:

Saturday: Run/walk at the Y
Sunday: Power Circuit
Mon: Step and Intervals, plus Back from Power Circuit and triceps
Tue: Just chest from Step and Intervals
Wed: nothing
Thurs: Taebo II and abs
Fri: Biceps in the AM, and then on to the eating orgy

I start the new job Monday, and I am excited because I will now be able to use my brain and my creativity, and HOPEFULLY make a useful contribution. I was so bored in my old job, and so frustrated. I hated to leave SOME of the people, but also hated the job more.

CHANGE IS GOOD, RIGHT? OF COURSE RIGHT!!!!

A new start, and I'm ready. :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

RE: HB and Elizabeth

I think both of you deserve congratulations!! Elizabeth, congrats on the new niece? nephew? Anyways, Congrats!! HB, don't beat yourself up over Fri and Sat. Just think about what you would tell one of us, then apply it to yourself! Congrats on the new job!! I know you're a sucess in all that you do!! BTW, do BMAX!! Just my .02 cents. Have a good one everybody!

Aimee

Hey Everyone!

I need to get this posted and back to the basement. We are being bad and skipping church this A.M. to finish off my workout room.(the floor) I know you all must be sooo tired of hearing about it, but I am so excited. It SHOULD be finished today! :-jumpy!!!! We got the 3 flourescent lights installed yesterday and switch plates on. BTW, the 3rd. & 4th.coat of yellow turned out much better. (Not too bold like the school bus yellow it was the 1st. two coats! :-wow! Okay, onto my week:

Monday~MIS in the A.M., Taught a Hi/Lo class in the afternoon which included light toning, kickbox & ABS

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo class with lt. toning, KB & ABS

Wednesday~IMax (It had been a looong time since I did this tape and I surprised myself how well I did on the intervals!! YEAH!! :))

Thursday~Taught 2 Hi/Lo classes with lt. toning, KB & ABS

Friday~Jump Rope for 5 minutes as a warm-up (I've decided to give JR a try to see if it will help lean out my legs. I didn't think I would be able to get through 2-3 minutes w/o stopping but it wasn't that hard.)Then it was on to CircuitMax~LOOOOVE this tape. I'll tell you what, my HR climbs on those compound exercises. Just when I feel like I can't do another press or squat, Cathe hears me screaming and counts down those last few!!! Love, Love, Love it though.

Saturday~I did StepMax for the very 1st. time! It was great. HB, you would love this w/o. It has tons of leg work in it. (Kind of a Bun Blaster section in it!:-tired) I impressed myself with how well I got the steps down too. I must be getting used to Cathe's style. It's a fun, fun tape and I would defintely recommend it for a starter as far as choreography goes. Before I did the cool down & stretch, I added 10 minutes of jump rope. I could get into this jump roping as an add on.

Sunday! REST! :) That is if you call bending, lifting and using lots of upper body to get my new floor down! Yipeee! Can't wait for those DVDS!!!!!!!!!

Aimee~What is Urban rebounding? Is it trampoline?:-jumpy

Elizabeth~I hope your B-I-L made it back in time for his wives delivery!

HB~Congrats on your new job. You will be missed at Smucker's, I'm sure. Glad you are excited about the new venture. Don't beat yourself up too much. You are entitled to a slip every now & then. I can relate with that awful feeling you get though when you aren't eating right and getting your w/o's in! Tomorrow is a new week. Let us know how your 1st. day on the new job goes!Oh yeah,everyone, HB has offered to lend me Leaner Legs and 10-10-10 for awhile. I can't wait to try them! THANKS HB!!

Have a super week all. I'll be sneaking back up here during the day to check-in on everyone else!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH

I don't feel guilty...

...'cause I know I didn't gain 100 lbs from my little binge, and that I have the discipline to get back on track. I actually deserved to eat cake until it came out of my ears! It was an awsome cake....a triple chocolate cake! Plus a Black Forest Torte! I was in heaven. I drowned my sorrows in cake, and more cake.

Aimee, I DID do Bodymax after not having done it for several weeks. It IS a killer, and I feel jolted back on track. Tomorrow before I go to the new job, I'll do a run/walk at the Y.

:-jumpy :-jumpy

Deb H...glad you're getting your w/o room done!!! :) :D

RE: Hey Debbie

Yep it's on a trampoline! In fact I look just like the excited icon, he he! Hb, Good for you!! You never cease to amaze me with you great attitude and disipline for working out! You're my hero!!

my week

Hi there all you fitness nuts :) Been rather cool out here in Iowa, so not many outdoor activities this week, but of course it's warming up this next week...isn't Midwest weather great...if you don't like the weather right now, wait five minutes, it'll change!!!
Aimee-what is urban rebounding?!? I'm kinda behind the times here
Elizabeth-hope everything goes well with your sister-in-law and you're an aunt again soon :D Those babies just don't wanna stick to a schedule do they?!?
Honeybunch-good luck at your new job, change is always strange at first but sounds like it's a good move!
DebH-sounds like your w/o room is almost done!!! Lucky you! I have my own w/o room (the whole basement) but it's got carpet, a wood floor would be awesome, but at least the carpet is low pile!
Anyway, here's my week
Sunday: did a 5K, jogged and power-walked, over 6500 people there for the Race for the Cure, it was fun with my DH family :)
Monday: Firm BootCamp-all of it-tough but fun!
Tues: couldn't drag my tush out of bed this AM, thought I'd w/o when I got home, saw 13 patients between 5:30 and 7:30 pm and didn't get finished in ER until 10pm, I was too pooped at 11pm when I got home to even think! :-sleepy
Wed: rest day-AAARGH! not another one :eek:
Thurs: HLH and BBA, fun combo
Fri: SLA
Sat: Mindy's Slamming Sports Cardio-lotsa fun + CST
Another week done...can't wait for the DVDs to arrive :D Guess I better get the DVD hooked up cuz as soon as I get em, I'm doing em!
:-jumpy Have a great week :-jumpy

trampoline

Is it set to music or done like in a routine? Sounds like fun! I used to practice similar routines on my bed when I was little! But mom put an end to that talent :-(
:-jumpy but I'm still a jumper at heart :-jumpy

Checkin!

Hi everyone! I tried to check in last week and wrote a novel and thought I posted it, but later when I went to check it wasn't there so I gave up. But, here's this week.I did the CTX series. By the end of the week though the impact was starting to get to me.
Step and Intervals (chest)
Monday- Power Circuit (back) and Leaner Legs
Tuesday- 10-10-10 (triceps)
Wednesday- Kickbox (biceps)
Thursday- All Step (shoulders)
Friday- Cardio only from Step and Intervals, and the kickbox from 10-10-10. I had planned to add on all the cardio from 10-10-10 but I pooped out. I was saving my energy for.....(foreboding music....)
Saturday- Circuit Max!!!! I went all out on this (except for power 7s which I just don't do these days) and it felt great!
Today is a REST DAY!~ I'm going to try a new Yoga Zone tape I got, Flexibility and Stress Release.
I think I might try a rotation based on Circuit Max this week, with CM on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and light Cardio on Tuesday and Thursday, and MIS on Saturday.HAs anyone tried anything like that?
We'll see if make it through. Then it's back to CTX.
Sarah E.

Forgot to do Abs!!!

It wasn't till just yesterday that I realized I hadn't worked abs the whole week! Shame on me!

Monday: Chest and Back - Heavy lifting

Tuesday: Circuit Max - Man, that tape whips my butt!!!

Wednesday - Todd Gheisar Workout #1 - I was totally impressed. First time doing it, and he gave great instruction as to how to work each move. Wasn't a huge cardio workout, but I definitely worked up a small sweat...and am going to check into his other videos.

Thursday - CTX 10-10-10 (Cardio Only) and CTX Kickbox (Cardio Only), then went back and did the CTX Triceps.

Friday - Power Max

Saturday - Leaner Legs (Amazing how tough it is while you're doing it, but then you're not sore the next day....)

Sunday - Tae Bo Advanced Volume III - Haven't decided how I feel about this tape yet as it was the first time doing any Billy Blanks video. It was much more fast-paced than I was used to...I tend to concentrate more on form so I slowed some of the movements down. I was definitely sweating by the end of it though!

That's it for now, folks!!!

Terri

check-in

Hi everyone,

Here's my week:

Monday--10 10 10 Leaner Legs and abs
Tuesday--Cardio Kicks shoulders and abs from CTX All Step
Wednesday--Power Circuit
Thursday--day 1 of 5 day abs
Friday--first half of Circuit Max PS BBA abs only

I hope everyone has a great week :)
Laura

Really good week

Hey everyone!

You guys that are doing 2 of the CTX tapes in one day amaze me! One of them totally kicks my butt.

Good luck on the new job Honeybunch! It sounds great!

I had a really good week - possibly the best exercise week I've ever had.

Mon - a.m. - Firm Strength. This was my 1st time to do this tape. I've had it for well over a year but for some reason was afraid to do it. It wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be and I really liked it.

Tues - a.m. - CTX Step N Intervals

Wed - a.m. - Firm Basics AB&T - needed an easier workout. Fastforwarded thru the pushups since I did them Mon & Tues

Thurs - rest day

Fri - a.m. easy day - I had a sore spot in my middle and lower back from falling asleep with my son on his toddler bed.
KS Kickboxing - stopped 15 minutes in because the punching hurt my back too much. Stress Relief Yoga

Sat - 20 minute treadmill walk and SBHT - had to stop early on the treadmill walk due to sick toddler. I tried to go for a walk outside later but it started raining on me 5 minutes out so I had to say forget it and go back home.

Sun - a.m. 25 minute treadmill walk - stopped when the sick toddler woke up.
p.m. CTX Back, Biceps, Abs & Stretch from CTX Power Circuit.

I think this is the first time I've ever worked out six days in one week. I'm so excited! The am thing is going well too. I got up early every day during the week except my rest day.

Hope everyone else had great weeks!

Christina

RE: Hey there, Farmgirl!!

I live in the midwest too!! I can't wait for it to warm up again!! It feels like late Nov. out here!! Anyway, in response to your questions. It is set to music and I do have a routine for it! The trick to rebounding is to jump DOWN into the trampoline rather than trying to get height. It is a lot like jumping on your parent's bed(I did that too!). It's fun and tough! Probably one of the toughest workouts I've ever done. I don't know if there's a Bally's near you, but I hear they're supposed to be starting up those classes. Check it out!! I work for a personal trainer who owns her own studio, and I just teach her clients. I have thought about going to fitness chains, but I love my boss and how flexible and understanding she is. Besides, I know each client very well due to how small my classes are and I really connect with them. Ok, I got off track, sorry about that! Anyway, I hope this helps. Let me know what you think if you ever get to do a class!!

Aimee

urban rebounding...

...no Bally's around here (near Omaha), but I'm sure I could make up my own little exercise routine...hmmm, my DH won't let me jump on the beds (unless he's in it too }> )...what else would work...hmmm...cows, pigs, strawbales...actually when I was little my cousins and I (I'm the oldest of 28 grandkids-gotta love big families) would play a hybrid of cops-n-robbers,king-of-the hill,and hide-n-seek on the big round bales. Grandpa has hundreds in a row and some are stacked (those stacked ones we found out were a little too dangerous to play around), running and jumping from bale to bale, trying to stay balanced while someone's pushing you off is a real heart-pounder!!! You know, whenever I watch kids on the playground it boggles my mind thinking of how many calories those little bodies (which ours used to be 8 years old too) and they're having a ball. Fitness videos make it fun too, but nothing like climbing and hanging from a jungle gym, etc. ANYWAY-got a little off the topic. If I ever go anywhere that offers that class I will definitely look into and think of you, Aimee :)
:-jumpy until then, I'm a jumpy Julie all on my own :-jumpy

Not so good week, but good results!

Hi! I haven't checked in for a couple of weeks, but I have been keeping up with my workouts. I only worked out three times this week, but I am seeing improvements (week 5 of my Cathe CTX rotation, a "week" is six tapes, so this past week took almost two weeks! Heh.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy because I am fitting back into some clothes I haven't been able to wear since February! My weight hasn't gone down, but I'm cool with that if it means I'm adding muscle and wearing smaller sizes. And, although I do workout because I love it, I'm results-oriented right now because I need to fit into my nice clothes again! I can't keep buying all new wardrobes every time I gain weight (I'd rather spend the money on exercise vids. Next on my wishlist- PS series and MIS!)

Tomorrow I'm starting again with the six days a week rotation. I think a short break was actually good!
Jenne

RE: What I week I had...

Hi Honeybunch,
Congratulations on your new job! I admire you for having the courage to change jobs. I have been on the same job for 16 years and have never enjoyed it at all. I do love the people however. I have tried to get the courage to leave for many years now, but courage is hard to come by! So, as always, I admire you. So, tell me how you finally made up your mind to leave. Maybe I'll get some tips!

I ordered the CTX tapes that you highly recommended and I am loving them!!!! I love doing one body part per day. I also found a new love for Kickbox. Never dreamed that I would love kickbox! I even ordered Cardio Kicks. Should get it tomorrow. Do you have that one and if so, what do you think about it?
Take care.
Lisa Seymour

Congratulations!

Congratulations & good luck on the new job. It is tough to leave the familiar & safe behind & pursue a new challenge. I can't think of a better reason to cut loose a little (though I can think of plenty of other reasons to indulge!).

New jobs are quite a draining experience - pace yourself.
Good Luck! Debra

Great job, Christina!

Oh, I wish I could say the same about my week! :-( I managed one morning workout. My one calf muscle was kinda sore from Sunday's hike, so I laid off the cardio on Monday and Tuesday... then my legs were kinda sore on Thursday from Power Circuit... oh, I'm just a bundle of excuses today! I managed to get moving a little bit, at least. Hopefully this week will be better!

Monday - Nada.
Tuesday - Chest, Biceps, Triceps weight work (my own routine)
Wednesday - Nada.
Thursday - AM workout alert! Power Circuit (legs & back); skipped plank work & abs due to time constraints
Friday - Nada.
Saturday - Nada. (lotsa errands to run)
Sunday - Walking around at a huge craft show, plus 30 min. walk outside in the evening.

Lynne :-jumpy
Steppin' Fool for Life

preggers check-in

Aimee-I also love Body Max. Can't wait till I can do it again.

DebbieH-Okay so I like Step Max pretty well too. I'm glad you tried it even though it's old.

I'm with Lisa that I think it's great you have the courage to change jobs HB. I am also afraid to leave my job for something I like better.

And now for my week:

Tue. First 1/2 of 2K01 (Gay's) step.

Wed. Full body weights on my own. A routine from one of my Fit Pregnancy mags.

Thur. PowerMax WU and 2nd half of 2k01

Sat. Full body weights

Andrea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.