Doing STS outside the pre-structured format

kimyenchu

Cathlete
Hello Cathe,

I am interested in the STS series for the various types of weight training on offer. However, I rarely follow a structured program and tend to do things according to what I think my body requires and my lifestyle allows. For example, I will do a few weeks of muscle endurance type workouts, and switch to heavy weights workouts for another few weeks if I feel that my body was too accustomed to light weights. And I don't always manage to train the whole body in a week, maybe stretch it over 1.5-2 weeks, because of other commitments my workout has be flexible and fit into my lifestyle.

Could I incorporate STS into my current training and be regarded as just weight workouts rather than a complete training system? For instance, can Mesocycle #1 be used exclusively for a few weeks, then switch to Mesocycle #2 or Mesocycle #3? I understand that this may not give the best results.

Am I right in thinking that STS is designed to be like P90 or P90X and therefore should be stuck to religiously for several weeks until the program is complete?

Yen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.