Doing STS M1 all in a 3 week time frame. Thoughts??

shoegoddess

Cathlete
I've decided to do STS again but this time doing all 3 Mesocycles. In the past I've never done Meso 3. Scared I think:) I just started M1 this week and because I'm going to Tampa the second week of February to visit my 2 sisters I'm going to condense weeks 3 & 4 into one week. Doing weeks 3 & 4 this way. STS Sun/Mon/Tue, cardio Wed/Thr/ & finishing the Mesocycle Fri/Sat/Sun. The week I'm in Tampa will be my rest week. I think I can do this as I'll be on vacation and at home the week I'm condensing weeks 3 & 4.
Anyone else do STS in a condensed version?

I did, although not quite in the same way. I did 3 days of STS and 2 cardio days per week, then a day off. So I was able to do a mesocycle in more like 3.5 weeks, then took half a rest week, then started up with the next mesocycle. So if I were you, I would start condensing now, so that you can still put some cardio in between STS days. Personally, I couldn't do 3 days of STS in a row, although I did sometimes do legs then an upper body in a row. But I needed the cardio to spread out all the weight work. In the end, listen to your body -- if compressing the weights works for you, more power to you. Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.