Doggie bladder infection?

Pam,

How is he doing today? I know the first couple of days with Keegan were the same, he was pretty out of it. It took him about 3 days to be normal. I had to keep him and our (at the time) 3 month old puppy separated, because she wanted to play and he was supposed to take it easy. We did have an infection problem afterwards that he is still fighting with anti-biotics. We take a urine sample in every 2 weeks to be analyzed for infection, PH levels, and to see if there are any oxalate crystals forming. He had a lot of crystals a couple of weeks ago, but this weekl's sample was better.

Sending ((Healing)) vibes to little Wolfy!

Hi Deb! That is soo sweet of you to check in! Wolfy started to perk up a bit yesterday and had a good BM & pee session in the middle of the night.... right outside our bedroom. :rolleyes: But at least he went. He ate fairly well yesterday. This morning, he is keeping quiet so I have to get his pain-meds into him. He keeps hiding in his 'den' under my bed. He does tend to perk up and want to be social once he feels better.

Healing vibes to Keegan as well! I hope the urine samples stay clean. I'm thinking we will be doing the same thing. Sheeze, maybe we should have bought pet health insurance afterall!!

Pam & Wolfy

Hi,

Keegan had a lot of accidents after the surgery, and still a lot of blood in his urine. I slept in the kitchen with him for about 4 nights, so if he had an accident, it would not be on carpet, and if he needed to go out right away, I was right there with him. My back did not appreciate it, but you do what you have to right?

Pam and Deb, so sorry your babies are going through this. Having been through numerous pet surgeries I can relate to what you are going through. Thankfully you caught it in time. Sending healing vibes for continued improvements.

Jean

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Pam, how is he doing? did you get the lab results back on the stones?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.