Dog Lovers......question?

RE: New Puppy

Congrats on your new puppy. I hope you did not purchase it from a pet store that sells puppies. Pet stores that sell puppies support the puppy mill industry. Your puppy is not the one that gets hurt by this -- obviously with all the research and time you've taken in considering bringing a dog into your home -- your puppy is going to have a wonderful, happy life with you. The animals that suffer are the breeding pairs. These are the dogs you do not see. These are the dogs that spend their lives in cages. I could go in to all kinds of details, but this isn't the forum for such things.

Support your local shelter. Support your local no-kill shelter. Support breed rescue. If you must have a purebred dog, take the time to find a REPUTABLE breeder. Meet the breeding pair. Ask for at least five names of people who have purchased dogs from the breeder in the past. Make a home visit to the breeder's home. Reputable breeders are out there, and they aren't the people who have a litter of puppies to make a few bucks. You do not really make money breeding dogs if you do it properly.

Do not even buy your dog food from the "local pet store" which sells puppies. Find a good local ma & pa place which does not sell animals or a chain which tries to be responsible.

I have total and complete respect for the people who are out there on the front lines every day, making life and death decisions for dogs that have no one to love them...

Think about this when you purchase your pup's toys, food, bed, treats, etc.

Sorry... this is a strong topic in our household.

BTW, did I mention NEUTER AND SPAY YOUR PET for a longer healthier life!

Take care,
Zoelda

RE: I'm a dog lover with a story

Boy, no kidding it's like having a new baby!!! I LOVE my new pug, Pammer and everyone that's been so kind to chime in. He has kept me so occupied I didn't work out for two days. Today I was doing supine planks and he climbed up my feet onto my neck! He is a character and a half!! He's seven weeks old and has only had one accident. Of course, he has 24 hour round the clock care. He's a keeper!! Thanks again, everyone:7

Sherry:)

RE: Anna...

Anna - Good decision. As you will quickly discover, goldens are as demanding and mischievious as little children. Keep in mind that they act like puppies until they reach about age three. You'll love them! Never a dull moment and never a day without at least ten "smooches." :) Suzanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.