Does anyone take Jay Robb protein powder (whey)

amybajamy

Cathlete
I just bought this yesterday and it's the first time I've taken a protein powder. I have the vanilla and it tastes great. I've looked at their website and it looks like a good, high quality product. I was just wondering if anyone else uses it and what you think of it. Thanks.

Hi Amy,
I use Jay Robb's whey protein and I love it. My favorite flavors are strawberry and tropical dreamsicle. I use the vanilla to mix with fruit and sk. milk. YUM! No grainy after taste. It definitely is a good high quality product.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

I use Jay Robbs eggwhite protein and I LOVE it. I have used the strawberry flavor, but my favorite is vanilla. I use it in a smoothie every morning. I like that it is sweetened with stevia and has no after taste. YUM!

:9

I use both his chocolate and vanilla protein powder and love both of them. It's the only protein powder I'm aware of that is sweetened with Stevia! :9

Lorrayne

Lorrayne,
I saw an article recently that also mentioned Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey "Natural" brand (it's new), is also sweetened with Stevia. I've never had it so can't attest to the taste, but it is cheaper than Jay Robb:)

Mattea

I have been looking for a good protein powder and this seems great. I am going to order some this week, Thanks!
I used Vanilla Designer Whey...YUCK!

Can anyone post a few receipes that they make using this?

Thanks so much!
"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

apple egg bake

Jennifer,

I always mix the Jay Robb's protein powder in my smoothies.

Here's a great recipe for breakfast I can share with you:

Apple Egg Bake:

Ingredients:
2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
4 eggs
2 scoops Jay Robb vanilla protein powder
1 packet of Stevia (if you want it to taste sweeter; however, I find the protein powder to sweeten this nicely)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Spray a pyrex pan with pam or olive oil spray. I usually use a 8"x12" pan.

Place the apples on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the apple slices with the cinnamon and cloves.

Place in oven and bake 10-13 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, mix the eggs, protein powder, and stevia with a wisk.

Remove pan from oven and pour the egg mix directly on top of the eggs.

Return pan to oven and bake an additional 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.

It will look really puffy when you take it out of the oven. However, it will look flat once it starts to cool down. You can either eat immediately or eat cold. I like it both ways and find this as an excellent "on the run" type of breakfast that can be made the night before.

Enjoy!
Lorrayne

Mattea,

Thanks for the update. I am not quite sure if this would be as tasty as Jay Robb's protein powder, though. Hmmmm....

Regardless, I live in the same county as his gym so all the local health food stores carry his protein powders! :)

Lorrayne

"pancakes"

Here's another simple recipe I use with his protein powder.

Ingredients:

4 eggs
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 T ground flax seeds (optional)

Mix all ingredients in a blender.

Use a 1/4 cup measuring spoon and cook the pancakes on a grill. Please note that if one doesn't use the flax seeds that the pancakes will be pretty runny and not make a nice circle (but it tastes good).

Flip pancake after a minute or so. It should be a nice rich golden brown on both sides when cooked.

I like to use either a sugar free syrup or I make my own fruit syrup.

For fruit syrup, I microwave on high some frozen blueberries or strawberries with one packet of stevia and 1 tablespoon of water (I use 2 T of water if the fruit is fresh). Remove from microwave and place the fruit and 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil in a blender. Blend until smooth and serve on top of pancakes.

Enjoy
Lorrayne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.