Does anyone here live in colorado?

pgun

Cathlete
I am interested in moving there, and I would like to know where I can find information about the climate,crime etc? Any info would be apreciated.
thanks
Penny

Hi Im a native of Colorado. Not much crime, depends on where you move to. Climate right now is hotter that usual. Denver gets snow but it is always gone the next day. The Local weather man says if you dont like the weather wait 5 minutes, it will change. You could look at the news sites..www.9news.com or just to a web search of any city you may be interested in. Most city governments have their own web sites.
Lisa:)

Hi Penny. I'm not from Colorado but you can check a website called www.bestplaces.net and they have all kinds of information like climate, crime, schools, cost of living, etc. You can also compare different cities.

Marcy

Hi Penny! I agree with what Lisa said. I moved to the Denver/Boulder area 5 years ago and love it. I feel very safe here and there really isn't much crime. The weather here is amazing. Denver claims to have 300+ days of sun per year and they aren't lying. There are some days when it is really hot, but for the past couple of years it hasn't been too bad. Like Lisa said, it has been really hot for the past couple of weeks, but in my experience that isn't normal weather here in June. Yikes what is July and August going to be like? The winters are not bad either. If you live in the front range then when it snows the snow usually melts in a day or two. DH and I rode our bikes throughout the winter. We had probably 7 days of bitterly cold weather, but other than that it was amazing.

I love living here. DH and I are looking for permanent jobs now and I am so scared that we will have to move from the area. This is an amazing place to live. If you have any questions or need anything else feel free to PM me.

Karin

I live in colorado.. LOVE IT... been here all my life.. (not born here tho) where in colorado are you thinking of moving? I'm in the springs.

I have lived in Colorado all my life and I LOVE it. I have been to a lot of different places and I enjoyed travel and the visit, but I'm always happy to come home. I would never want to live anywhere else. I live in the Highlands Ranch area and I totally and completely love it.:) :)

Gosh, this could lead to a Cathe Colorado get-together, girls!

I'm in the Springs, too, and it's the first place that has felt like home to me. My dad was in the Navy, so I've lived in California, the Phillippines (okay I was 5, I didn't have to spell it then ;-) ), and northern Virginia. I moved here after college, and was spellbound by the mountains. The lack of humidity is WONDERFUL and though the traffic has increased, it's not as bad as D.C. It's also touted as a very healthy state, so I feel obligated to do my part!

>Gosh, this could lead to a Cathe Colorado get-together,
>girls!
>

Dayna, I was thinking the same thing :D .

Karin

Okay - I'm not in Colorado, but in Wyoming just north of the Colorado border (just north of Ft. Collins), so if you all plan a Colorado get together, I'd love to come too! We're in Ft. Collins probably twice a month as it is (love the Macaroni Grill!).

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.