Does anyone have both CIA 9801 and Happy Hour Hi Low?

K

kimz

The reason I ask this is because I have Happy Hour Hi Low and am thinking about getting 9801. I have pretty much figured out the choreography of Happy Hour and am wondering if the choreography is similar in complexity in 9801. I have read a few posts about the complex choreography of 9801 and just wonder how it compares with Happy Hour.

Thanks.

Kim

Hi Kim!

I have both of these, and like you, I had Happy Hour Hi-lo before I got 9801. It was a challenge, choreography wise, but I was able to get a pretty good workout the first time, and it only took a couple of times through to learn. Of course, this is the hi-lo I'm talking about- The step section, for me, was much harder. The first time I tried it I was tripping all over myself, but then after I watched it a few more times, I finally got it. The main thing you'll notice between 9801 and Happy hour, is that there are 3 combos in Happy Hour, and she spreads out teaching them, and it goes a little slower. But in 9801, there are 6 combos, and it does go alot quicker. But I still highly recommend it: It's so much fun!
Sarah

Kim, I've also got both 9801 and Happy Hour

CIA 9801 is a great tape.

I agree that the hi/lo in 9801 is more complex than in Happy Hour. As Sarah mentioned, there are TWICE as many combos that she teaches you in an hour's time. Whoa! In addition to being more complex, the 9801 hi/lo is a little less intense than HH.

YOu will love the 9801 music and Christi's cueing is excellent, as always.

I don't catch on to complex hi/lo routines very quickly, so 9801 took me 5 or 6 tries to get almost perfect. In contrast, I think Happy Hour only took me a couple of tries. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun learning 9801. I got the first 4 combos pretty well, but the last 2 were tough. I think my brain cells reached capacity.

I love Christi's step routine on 9801 even more than her hi/lo. She breaks it up into 2 separate sections, each is 3 combos long. The music is just great. Check out the Video Fitness reviews, I think this tape might be in the hall of fame.

happy hour and 9801

Hi Kim,

I have both tapes also and agree with what the others said. I had 9801 first, however, so I thought happy hour's choreography seemed relatively easy by comparison. That's not to take away from happy hour because it's a great workout and I really love doing it.
It might take you a little longer to learn 9801, but it's worth it. It's so much fun and Christi is such an excellent instructor and motivator that you won't even notice how hard you're working
happy.gif

Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, but it is a great workout. The step section took me a few times to learn and I actually had to learn some of the steps just by watching it and rewinding it over and over and I've never had to do that before. But again, it's fun and challenging and definitely worth trying. What I liked most about the step section is Christi turns the step sideways for the second half and that makes it more interesting.
Laura

Hello Kim,
I have both tapes also. I got 9801 first and it was so difficult to learn, it was very frustrating because the choreography was SO complex.. however I finally learned it after many many tries. If I had to compare, Happy Hour is by far easier (choreography), but the intensity is good. If you decide to get 9801 be patient, it may take awhile to learn and get a good workout. I have MANY tapes and 9801 is by far the most difficult to learn, though it is very fun once you get past the initial frustration.
Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.