Does anybody have any experience with bi-polar?

How sad and disappointing for you. :(

When it come to mental illness - it is very hard because you want to 'forgive' the person's behavior because it is often due to the disease but there is also some accountability they have take on for their actions, mental illness or not.

I've struggled a lot with things my father has done and sorting out bi-polar stuff from 'other' stuff. It's way complicated and my heart really goes out to you.

It seems a good sign that at least he confessed the drug use to you. I wonder if some of the symptoms that led to the diagnosis of manic depression can also be explained by his drug use (like the seizure).

I guess I should be glad he told me. I know that's the first step - to recognize and admit it.

But GUESS WHAT??!!! He did go to the outpatient program and just called. Has been through two group therapy sessions and has met with the psychiatrist.

He wants Brian off the Klonipin and is weaning him off. Says it is very hard to figure if he is bi-polar or anything else right now since he has an extreme case of ADHD. Cannot stay on topic, cannot focus, etc. etc.

So starting Adderall, weaning the Klonipin, staying on the Seroquel until a more thorough diagnosis and will be meeting and speaking with him every day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.