DO you workout on vacation?

> KPC is a good one to take, because
>only the abs section needs equipment and you can modify all
>the ab exercises to be done without the stability ball.:)

You could actually use gliding discs (see below) to do pikes (the toes of one foot on each disc).

Since I love to work out, I definitely don't stop when I'm on vacation. That's part of the vacation for me! :)

I use the treadmill in hotel fitness centers. I use the free weights and do PUB by memory. If there isn't a fitness center where I'm staying, I find a local gym and ask to work out on a one time, pay as you go basis. I haven't found one yet that wouldn't let me.

I always have my laptop and several DVDs that I can do in the hotel room. I also take my resistance band. Good traveling DVDs are "Burn It Up", "Hard Core Conditioning", "Ab Hits", and several TaeBos that don't involve high impact (no jumping in the hotel room).

If the weather is warm, I run outside.

I'm weird. I look forward to vacation just so I can work out. Working out is an indulgent luxury for me. Lately, I go on cruises for vacation, and all the cruise ships have good fitness facilities and classes. LOVE it!! :D
Nancy

I usually do some walking/running but nothing really challenging. One of the weight lifting mags for females (either M&F Hers or Oxygen) had a workout you could do with just a few peices of gear(bands) for traveling/vacation purposes in this month's issue.

I camped in a camper with cable TV last summer and got Fit TV, although I didn't have room to do the workouts, I watched Cathe three times a day. It inspired me to jog, walk hills, and do some leg work on the picnic table (leg presses, hover squats). Yes, I think I did a little something every day while my little one took an am nap.

Sally

In 2003 when I went on my honeymoon I went on a cruise and the ship has a fitness room. I would walk on the treadmill for 30 mins before dinner every evening.

Last year I went on a cruise again so I ran or used the elliptical for about 30 mins every morning.

This year I am going to Myrtle Beach to a resort...I'm not sure yet what will be available to me but I'll probably figure something out. We are staying in a multi bedroom condo type set up so I am hoping I will have a dvd player available to me!}(

Hi:

I'm another one who likes to workout on vacation. However, I try to make it an outdoor workout if I am going somewhere warm.. ie swim or run outside.

To me getting to workout without the pressure of a tight schedule is relaxing to me. Plus, I usually like to eat more when vacationing, so it kind of negates the extra calories I'm consuming.

I'm leaving for Key Largo in 2 days... am looking forward to some great swims, scenic runs and well, Key lime Pie of course!! ;)

Have a great time!! Lynn M.

Working out IS a mini vacation from the cares of the day for me so working out on vacation is a given.:) It may not be like my regular workouts but I'll get it in there somewhere.

Lynn, have a great vacation, we're hunkering in for a winter storm, Key Largo sounds absolutely heavenly:) Safe Travels!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Thanks Laurie!! :) I'm totally excited!

Stay warm and let's hope the storm passes over. I think we've already had our quota for winter nasty already this year, don't you?? :)

Lynn M.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.