Do you do abs everyday or every other?

I have done abs every day and I had no problems and got results pretty quickly. Right now I am doing abs on no particular schedule...I am just making sure that I am get them in atleast 3 times per week. If I end up doing them more, that's fine too.

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

I used to do mine everyday. Then I started adding more resistance exercises and weights. Since then I now do them about every other day with resistance on most. Then sometimes I go every three days with as much effort as I can put into them. The results have been much better training them like everything else. High rep endurance, lower rep and heavier resistance with weights etc. It is one of the easiest bodyparts foe me to work. I keep trying to find new ways to work them at home to make it harder.
Diane Sue

http://wd.1ww.us

I read somewhere or heard it from a fitness guru that you can work your abdominals every day with no problem, they are the only muscles that can be worked with no rest, why? because they are always at work, so I do that and I think more on my posture and spine rather than 6 pack, I know that they are there, just hidden by a layer of insulation. darn stuborn fat cells x(

The older I get the more I love me.

http://www.geocities.com/norma123nyc/MyJourney.html

My personal trainer told me that you can work them daily as well as the calves as long as you aren't doing weight training with them everyday. I believe he is right. If you think about it, we use our other muscles everyday, (i.e. quads, hamstrings, glutes etc.) even if we aren't doing weight training, and they aren't being over trained. I don't think using weights everyday is a good idea for training your abs, but working them in different ways daily is good. (planks, stability, crunches etc.)

Good Morning, Kim,

I work mine everyday, but I concentrate on different exercises everyday..some days focus on upper, some lower, some days Pilates. It seems to work for me. I figure since I don't weights with my abs everyday, it's more toning, so it's okay to do everyday.:)

I guess you just have to "play around" with it and you'll find what works for you.

Good Morning, Kim,

I do work my abs everyday, but I concentrate on different exercises everyday...some days I focus on upper, some days lower, some days I do Pilates. It seems to work for me. I figure since I don't use weights with my workout everyday, then it's okay.

I have heard about the 3 x per week theory. But, it doesn't work for me. I guess you just have to play around with it to find what works for you.:)

>I read somewhere or heard it from a fitness guru that you can
>work your abdominals every day with no problem, they are the
>only muscles that can be worked with no rest, why?

Calves also COULD be worked every day (because they are a high endurance muscle, like the abs).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.