Disney :)

wonderwoman

Cathlete
My family and I will be going to Disney World in Orlando Florida in 2 weeks. YAY!!! My 2 girls are 2 and 7. We will be staying on disney so we didn't rent a car. We were able to get a good deal with airfare, hotel, and park hopper tickets but no food packages available. My husband and I are not organized people when it comes to vacations. We just go with the flow! Any advice on where we should start? How is the weather this time of year and is it really crowded at this time?????
Thanks again...

It is not really crowded this time of year. Its pretty hot and humid. You will want to have a poncho (plastic.) in case of rain. You will need waterproof sunscreen.

I especially like the shows for the little girls. They will love that. You want to be sure to get your fast passes early in the day. You can park your stroller in 'stroller parking' close to your show stage. The shows for Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid are wonderful. Get a park map to show where all the restrooms and food vendors are. Most sit down restaurants have a pretty long wait. Carry water, some crackers, and a string cheese for emergency fuel (for the kids). The frozen food carts often have a frozen chocolate covered banana. those are wonderful on a hot day. Many of the 'fast food' places have options for carrots and milk instead of fries and a soda. They often will have a salad option too.

Epcot is a blast. Its just really big. That is also the best place to eat. The little girls might get a hoot out of the Japanese shop with all the Hello Kitties. You will want to see some of the live shows with the acrobats in 'France' and 'China'.

Be sure to schedule time for rest. Most of the restrooms don't have a vending machine with diapers or baby wipes, bring those with you.

Its almost too bad that you aren't renting a car, but you can get a cab to a close grocery store or Walgreens (which is close by.) The closest grocery store is expensive and designed for tourists. Be sure to check it out online, the Publix grocery store is the nicest one. The Walmart was not clean.

Bring extra pairs of dry socks. Wet socks (from the humidity) lead to blisters. That puts a serious damper on a good time in the park.

You are going to have so much fun!!!!! I loved working there!!!

Alisha

You might want to use the morning extra magic hours with your little ones.

We use garden grocer and have groceries delivered to our resort. You will have a mini fridge. People usually order bottled water, because the water smells like sulfur.

You will likely become a WDW addict. :)

Oh wow, these are great tips! We're also planning a trip to Disney for next spring.

I think there's an app that tells ride line wait times, and I know there's a GPS tracker app for the characters. We plan to use those when we go.

I'm so excited for you! Disney is truly a magical place and I'm sure you all will have a great time. I agree, get a book (or two) and read up in the weeks before you go. It will help tremendously.

The first time we went our youngest was two and we got Rider Switch Passes on some of the rides. This allows one parent to go on a ride w/ your older child that your younger one can't go on. Then you can wait in the front of the line and switch parents so you both get an opportunity to ride it. They'll let your oldest ride twice w/ each of you. Also be sure and grab Fast Passes early before they are gone for the day. We always stay off Disney property and take food/snacks in. Your not officially allowed to do that but the cast members were always very lenient w/ us. One of the best tips someone gave us was to rent a double stroller. The baby was in it mostly but all three were in and out too. It helps the kids to not get worn out with all the walking you do through the parks. The stroller rental is expensive but so very worth it IMO ;)

Wonderwoman:

Disney will be everything that you expect it to be. I live really close (90 mins away) so I have lots of experience.

What hotel are you staying in? All Disney hotels offer bus transportation just know that it is not a quick ride to the parks from the hotels. There will be lots of stops and lots of people with lots of stuff getting on and off. Allow for plenty of time so that you arrive at the park when you want.

The plastic ponchos are a great idea, plenty of afternoon thunderstorms this time of year. On the plus side all Florida kids and most out-o- state kids are back at school so things are a little less hectic.

Plan the things/rides/shows that are really important to you and get them out of the way early in the day. After, is when you plan time to wander around, taking in all the little special Disney extras.

Also, try to imagine how your children will react to the Disney characters, some of them are quite larger-than-life, and I have see a zillion kids go into hysterics at the sight of Pluto!

My advice in a nutshell, hit the parks early in the morning, go back to the hotel for pool-time mid-day and then go back to the parks around dinner time. A lot people opt for the sit-down restaurants so again the crowds seem to thin out at this time.

I know you will love it. If you want more advice, just ask!

I am going on Monday for a couple of days.

Have a great time,
Debbie Russo

Hi everyone,
I will be taking my family to Disney at the end of the month. It will be our first visit. We will stay off site at a resort. My girls are 10 and 13, and I also have a 2 year old boy. Which park(s) would you recommend?
The resort we will stay at has many amenities, so we don't plan on spending too many days at the parks. My thought is to spend one day at Magic Kingdom and one day at SeaWorld. It's still a vacation so we want to at least relax a bit.

Any particular park that will be good for the kids age-wise?

Thanks

Thanks for all the responses ladies! I want to go to Magical kingdom Hollywood studios and seaworld! Can't wait so excited!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.