discount - what should i purchase?

bostonwendy

Cathlete
ok, so a little different than that other thread... these are the things i am considering buying with my discount and why but i can't get all of them. please talk me out of a few things on this list!

My fitness goals = i am working on losing 35lbs and regaining strength and stamina after a difficult pregnancy. didnt want to paste my whole list of what i have in this post but i believe you can see it when you click on my name. i am pretty good at modifying to low impact as needed but if there is something here that will be difficult to modify it would be helpful to know.

BM2 - i love fun step choreo and the circuits and wts and premixes all look great
BB timesaver - with a baby, my workouts often need to clock in at under 1 hour
CTX - same as timesaver
B&G - well, my butt and gut could probably use it, lol
SS/PP - have/like these from fitTV but it would be nice to have the full length with premixes and no commercials
55cm stability ball - mine slowly leaks and needs air at least 1x per week, use it almost daily
2 or 3 lb fitness ball - i have a few cardio workouts using a small weighted ball (a fave is petra kolber core cardio from fitTV) and my 8lb is too heavy so i use a dumbell right now

TIA for helping me control my spending =)
wendy

Wendy: BM2 is a must and very versatile with all of the premixes. I can't recommend this one enough! I also think B&G is a great workout- it has shorter killer premixes and the ab work is some of my favorite. It also gets my heart rate up a bit so you can sorta count it as cardio if you like (if you're trying to save some time with the baby). You need the stability ball, for sure. I think CTX or 4DS (you might have this) would be great- you could do the program as designed for a while and get a great workout. There are a ton of things in CTX- good cardio and the weight work is pretty straightforward, but I like it.

If you have PP/SS on your DVR, I would skip buying this one for now. It's good in that it has upper and lower premixes that I use sometimes, but it isn't one I use a lot. I would also skip the other timesaver since you can always use CTX and other premixes to get you to the same place time wise. Does that help?

thanks!! so i'll def get BM2 and the replacement ball. still thinking about CTX and B&G... will i be able to easily modify CTX cardio to lower impact? and if i go with that, does leaner legs (and the muliple abs sections) cancel out my need for B&G or is this one really truly one-of-a-kind?

wendy

Wendy: Well, if you can modify the step in BM2 then you can modify CTX, IMO. CTX has everything- step, kickbox, hi lo- and if you can modify Cathe's other workouts, you should be fine to modify this too. As for Leaner Legs, it is a great leg program but I think in no way does it cancel out B&G. Sorry, I truly believe B&G is one of a kind. :) But if you have to not order one for the sake of $$$, I can see where you would pick that one. But get it someday!

As stated above, CTX is a very versatile workout. It has lots of variety! Leaner legs is an excellent lower body workout. I use the BM2 pre-mixes most often. I have only done the full workout a couple of times.

Hi Wendy, I looked at your existing list and not knowing what you can spend, here's my suggestions:

BM2
Butts&Guts
Stability ball
2 & 3 lb balls

CTX - though I would HIGHLY recommend this (I use this often), you have 4DS so this could wait
Timesaver - same reasons, you have most of Body Blast so you could be creative with those if you wanted to.
SS/PP - get the full versions later

But, if you can swing it, I would add CTX to the list as this is very versatile.

There's my 2 cents! :D I love to spend other peoples money! :p

Jo

does leaner legs (and the muliple abs sections) cancel out my need for B&G or is this one really truly one-of-a-kind?

wendy

I agree with orphylea, B&G is one of a kind! Leaner Legs and B&G both work the legs really well but they are different. B&G has lots of premixes too! You need them both! B&G is my all time favorite leg workout and the abs section is great!

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.