Did Ride yesterday on the treadmill......

aimeefit

Hi guys!!! I saw a thread about using Ride on the treadmill. I have a bike with a trainer, but I got curious beacuse I love to walk and run! Guess what? It works! Beautifully too! The beat for inbetween the intervals worked out to 4.1-4.2mph. Naturally I could do the hill climbs at a faster pace than they went on the bike, but it wasn't too big of a clash with the music. When she did the jumps I just stayed with a hill climb. Spints and tempo sets I ran. Time just flew by and I got in a little over 4 miles before I knew it! If you don't have a bike but want to try this dvd, do it!!! I had alot of fun with it and now I can't wait to get on my bike and go RIDE!!!

I use some of my other spin workouts on the treadmill and it really does work! I'll give this workout a try on my treadmill!

I was all set to post that this was a great idea and I was going to do it too...then....doh! I forgot I ordered the set without Ride since I don't have a spin bike :eek: I did have a trainer that I had borrowed for her first spin dvd that was with the LI series....I will try the treadmill with that one with that one! (forgot the name)

I'm not sure I understand how. Do you just do the temp the same but on treadmill? Hill climbs increase incline? I want to try but want to do right

What I did was everytime Cathe gave a turn to the resisance on the bike, I went up .5-1 on the incline. Hills I went all the way up on the incline. For the most part, yep, I stayed at the same tempo. But if I felt that I was wan't working hard enough I increased the speed incline or both. Now on the big hills I went faster for sure, becuase you have more power walking up hill than on a bike and on the sprints, I KNOW my legs wern't going as fast as theirs, but I just went as fast as I could. No right or wrong - just go with it and have fun :) .

Hope this helps!

What I did was everytime Cathe gave a turn to the resisance on the bike, I went up .5-1 on the incline. Hills I went all the way up on the incline. For the most part, yep, I stayed at the same tempo. But if I felt that I was wan't working hard enough I increased the speed incline or both. Now on the big hills I went faster for sure, becuase you have more power walking up hill than on a bike and on the sprints, I KNOW my legs wern't going as fast as theirs, but I just went as fast as I could. No right or wrong - just go with it and have fun :) .

Hope this helps!

My treadmill goes up to 40 % incline so on big hill I will probably take as far as I can to try and match. If too hard take down and speed up lol. Can' t to try to give vatiety thank you so much!

What a great idea. I'll have to spin my treadmill around though, so I can see the TV. Ah ha get it, "spin" the treadmill .... I didn't even mean to make that pun.

XT Ride on Elliptical Machine

I love spin class, but it doesn't always fit into my schedule, and I don't have room for a spin bike. After reading a few posts about adapting XT Ride to the treadmill, stairclimber, etc, I decided to try adapting the Ride workout to the elliptical trainer. AMAZING!

I had a blast and got my edorphin rush just like in spin class! I wore a heart rate monitor, and my average HR for the hour long workout was 146 (51 years old). The music was great, and I was drenched in sweat by the end. I started with a resistance of 6 for the warmup and the "rest periods" in between songs. I cranked it up to 15 for the slow grinding climbs (my favorites) and spent most of my time between 10-12. I had to improvise a little for "jumps", but that was no big deal.

This is my new favorite for a massive cardio workout and happiness surge!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.