Did My First...

Stacy

Cathlete
Tracy Anderson workout. I've always been a bit annoyed by her, but decided to give her workout a try in the spirit of trying something totally out of my comfort zone. I must say I was surprised at how heavy my 2 and 3 lb weights felt during the upper body segment and that I had trouble finishing the plank series at the end of the ab workout. I did Precision Toning. Maybe I'm giving my slow twitch muscle fibers a workout (?). Either way it was a nice change, though some of her comments were a bit crazy!

Last edited:
Tracy Anderson workout. I've almost been a bit annoyed by her, but decided to give her workout a try in the spirit of trying something totally out of my comfort zone. I must say I was surprised at how heavy my 2 and 3 lb weights felt during the upper body segment and that I had trouble finishing the plank series at the end of the ab workout. I did Precision Toning. Maybe I'm giving my slow twitch muscle fibers a workout (?). Either way it was a nice change, though some of her comments were a bit crazy!
Oh yeah, that abs segment is no joke!

Have you done TA's cardio workouts? I don't think I'll do those, but want to incorporate more non-step cardio. Do you think any of Dasha's 7 Day Lean workouts could get the heart rate up high enough to be used as a substitute?

Also, how does Precision Toning differ from any of the Metamorphosis workouts? Since I wouldn't do her cardio, I don't see me spending money on the entire Meta set. The muscle structure workouts in the Meta's seem to be only 30 minutes so I think I'd be better off doing an hour session every other day (??) or alternating them with an hour barre (??). Not sure I could do TA daily (or any other instructor daily) and stick to it over the long haul.

Last edited:
The Precision Toning workout is a tough one. I started with her Mat Workup and worked up to that one. Endless reps in that one but it does the job quite well!

I wouldn't spend the money on the metamorphosis workouts. I have a couple of her dance workout DVDs and just couldn't get into the dance. So, I do a barre workout and the next day do a Cathe Hiit workout or other Cathe cardio workout and I'm getting great results. I switched to Suzanne Bowen barre workouts. She's trained in the Lotte Berk method and the results are stunning in just a short period of time so I'm sticking with that for now. I'll probably alternate with TA after I get through 3 of Suzanne's BarreAmped workout DVDs. She really knows her stuff.

I have her original dance cardio DVD. I have extensive dance training, so I had no trouble with the choreography, but pretty much everybody I've talked to who isn't a dancer says the choreography is just too complex. However, they didn't have an extensive background in step cardio either, so I don't know how a Cathlete stepper non-dancer would find it. I haven't done any of the seven day lean DVDs; however, the dance cardio DVD isn't crazy crazy intense. It definitely gets your heart pumping, but its no HiiT.

I see youtube has the full Meta muscular structure workouts. So I can sample those! I only have SB's Bootcamp Amped but really like it! How do the other 2 compare, same moves but less intense? If so, I'd probably not purchase them and do some of my other barre workouts instead. I have Tracey Mallett's Booty Barre Plus Abs and Arms, Ballet Physique Signature Sculpt, Turbo Barre, Ballet Body's Upper & Lower dvds and Ballet Blast-Ballet Fitness by Jennee McCormick.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.