Did my first unassisted chin up!!

katrina_lynn

Ok, so none of my friends really understand my fitness obsession, so I had to come share this here. :) I have been a scrawny little weakling my entire life. I have been working on trying to do unassisted chin ups for probably 4 years now. At first I couldn't even pull myself up an inch! I got discouraged and kept cycling in and out of whether I would keep working on it or not. Well, yesterday I did my very first unassisted chin up!!!!!!!!! Just had to share with people who understand how exciting it is to accomplish a fitness goal :) :) :)

Kudos! You should be very proud of your hard work--that is quite an accomplishment. I can empathize with how hard it is.

Katrina Lynn: Congratulations!!! That is definitely a huge accomplishment. Be proud of yourself!!

Thanks everyone. It was quite an exciting accomplishment for me. :) In the past year I really got serious about it. At the beginning of each of my strength training workouts I would do a set of 5 negative chin ups. As I got stronger, I would start out with just trying to pull myself up as far as I could for the first set then finish with negatives. One day a week I also did assisted chin ups with a resistance band. A lot of work for my long gangly arms, but I finally did it!!

Way to go:D:D:D:D Awesome :D:D Be very proud of yourself:):)

Brigitte:)

(And I just can't help myself, I can be a little corny sometimes)

Way to hang in there! :):p:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.