Did I get a good deal?

Jaffas

Cathlete
I got some equipment at a yard sale this morning. Here's a list:

1 weight bench. The kind that can be set at an incline and with the things that hold a barbell.
1 barbell ,1 curl bar, 4 sets of dumbbell bars, 4 1.5lb, 4 2.5lb 6 5lb 4 10lb and 2 25lb plates.

I'll have to get creative to fit bench in my workout room but I might be able to pull it off.

I paid $40 for everything.

You got a FANTASTIC deal

Please see above. Congrats on getting such valuable equipment for a tiny fraction of retail price new!

As the Ranking Cheapskate of the Cathe forums, my hat is off to you and my skull gleams for you.

A-Jock

Please see above. Congrats on getting such valuable equipment for a tiny fraction of retail price new!

As the Ranking Cheapskate of the Cathe forums, my hat is off to you and my skull gleams for you.

A-Jock

Thanks, I needed proof to convince my dh.

A-Jock

A-Jock - I may be right there with you on the cheapskate thing! Got my squat rack for FREE! I will pay good money for good things, but just knew I could find a deal on something like a piece of metal to hold a bar :)

Now I'm really envious!

Damn Sam, Meowracer! A squat rack for nothing? I've got to wait until I've got my next credit card payment in the mail before I can get one.

I'm lucky, however: my employer has a wonderful benefit, in which you can use the cash value of hour accrued sick leave hours (simply calculated on your hourly wage rate) and get reimbursed for fitness-related expenses. Equipment, club dues, DVDs, you name it. The only thing it won't reimburse is fitness apparel.

I sang my Cheapskate Aria when I learned about that one!

A-ock

J

That is awesome - Great idea for employer and employee! Yep, the rack only cost me some elbow grease and spray paint b/c it had been sitting out. It isn't fancy but it does the trick! :)

How do I do that?

Damn Sam, Meowracer! A squat rack for nothing? I've got to wait until I've got my next credit card payment in the mail before I can get one.

I'm lucky, however: my employer has a wonderful benefit, in which you can use the cash value of hour accrued sick leave hours (simply calculated on your hourly wage rate) and get reimbursed for fitness-related expenses. Equipment, club dues, DVDs, you name it. The only thing it won't reimburse is fitness apparel.

I sang my Cheapskate Aria when I learned about that one!

A-ock

J

How do I convince my employer to do that? Forget the vacay time - I want stuff. Especially since we a have a use it or lose it vacation program. I want to use it to by stuff. Can I steal the proposal of whoever wrote that up? I think we get a discount at the gym downstairs, but I'm not a gym person. I wonder if I could convince them to give me that discount in cash so I can spend it on other fitness things I'll use?

Nan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.